2013 drowned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So damn sorry to hear (and see). Painful loss. Cannot imagine. But yes you and the family are ok. Could have been an even worse story. Good luck finding a another Rap and hope ya don't have to order a new one.

That being said Rap RIP.... what do you guys think a drowned Rap would go for totaled like this??? The engine was not running so drivetrain should be ok after is flushed out. For those looking for a pre-runner this might be a great deal. Sorry if this is too soon buddy, but devious inquiring minds.....

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its ok, he just joind he wrecked raptors group. welcome to the club buddy.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

sorry doc, i guess i should wait a while before the smart ass comments.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks. But thank god your kids weren't in there.
A coworker had his motorhome do something similar. That was a total disaster, as the body floated up off the frame/floor and made a big mess, because everything (tools & whatnot) in the side compartments spilled out.

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My sincere condolences to you. To experience that, and have to wait for the recovery had to be tough. Your family is safe and it's a hell of a story. Thank you for sharing, and I look forward to seeing that new 2014 of yours!

OP
OP
blockdoc

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That being said Rap RIP.... what do you guys think a drowned Rap would go for totaled like this??? The engine was not running so drivetrain should be ok after is flushed out. For those looking for a pre-runner this might be a great deal. Sorry if this is too soon buddy, but devious inquiring minds.....

As you said, since the engine wasn't running, the drivetrain is good. I took some aftermarket stuff off it a couple days ago (like vortex flaps, blendmount, etc). When I was there, I pulled the dipstick. Not one drop of water on it. I don't think water got in.

It would need a new interior and some electronics. After seeing what some wrecked trucks brought salvage, my guess is mid 30's. maybe more- the body is in perfect shape. Even has Xpel and Opticoat, and LineX'ed wheel wells.

JD_27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, glad nobody was hurt. But you are right...at the end of the day it's just a truck and life goes on - hopefully with a new truck!