2012 headlights wont turn off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenbartley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came home today and my headlights wont turn off no matter what. I think i have figured it out to be a bad switch (TSB ASI-12048) anyone else have this problem before. I unhooked the battery for now.

OP
OP
G

Glenbartley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This guy same problem Headlights wont turn off...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...forum.com/showthread.php?t=55635&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw that. His seem to be stuck on when using auto. Mine wont go off no matter what i do. I had to unhook the battery.

Do you know where the relay is located?

Its still under warranty but the only local ford dealer has the worst shop ever. I really dont want them near my truck.

Thanks for the quick reply's. This forum is the best way to figure things out.

OP
OP
G

Glenbartley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a couple days of unhooking the battery when noy driving the lights now work again. They go off when tgey are supposed to. So when they mess up again ill check the relay. Im thinking that could be it.

stevelp99

Reaction score
It could be something as simple as a loose connection behind the light control switch. I remember reading somewhere that when the light control switch is disconnected but the battery is still connected, the lights will remain on.