2010 5.4 is it considered a flex fuel vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2010 Raptor with the 5.4L, being the 5.4 is able to run Straight gas or any combination of ethanol mix up to E85, I have always wondered if the 5.4L Raptor is acctually in the flex fuel vehicle class?

Thanks

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the 5.4L is but, the 6.2L is not flex fuel / E85 compatible. I'm OK with it because the nearest E85 pump is more than a mile away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I seen that day one, a year ago when I picked up the truck. I knew of the Flex Fuel capability, just wondered if it classified as a flex fuel vehicle. Most flex fuel vehicles have a sticker or state it somewhere on or in the vehicle. Some have a chrome emblem. I don't think the Raptor mentions "Flex Fuel" anywhere in the manuals or elsewhere, just that it is capable of running E85. Right now I'm running Straight gas no ethanol 90 Octane, and have seen an improvement in milage, performance and the engine seems to run quiter and smoother. Not look for a debate about ethanol just posting my observation. Around here Straight Gas 90 Octane is cheaper than Regular Unleaded with 10% ethanol. The Yellow ring doesn't say "Flex Fuel", it says "Easy Fuel" in relation to the no cap design. Yes it does say E85/Gasoline.

Last edited:

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
The manual specifies that it is a flex fuel motor that is capable of running 100% E85 to 100% gas and any mix between. Ford was just smart enough to not stick some stupid chrome logo on a desert truck. Unlike Chevy who plasters hybrid on their truck and suv.