2 bikes, 1 bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I did some research, the total payload capacity is +-1000 lbs. INCLUDING passengers. I'm definitely going to be in the danger zone...

Some one school me on increased payload capacity when using the SVC bump stop kit, please. SVC's website doesn't give increased payload specs.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bumpstops (NO KIT) do not give you more payload capacity. They will on the otherhand protect your frame from bending. You would need to replace the rear springs, if you are worried about it.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, you should look into HD springs. A bump stop kit like the svc abs kit will allow you to lower the bumps, allowing less travel, but at the same time helping out the springs by taking some weight off of them. Legally no company is going to tell you these mods will increase your payload capacity. If you where to get in an accident and someone where to start looking around and where to find you where above your legal limit, you could get in some serious trouble

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, you should look into HD springs. A bump stop kit like the svc abs kit will allow you to lower the bumps, allowing less travel, but at the same time helping out the springs by taking some weight off of them. Legally no company is going to tell you these mods will increase your payload capacity. If you where to get in an accident and someone where to start looking around and where to find you where above your legal limit, you could get in some serious trouble

I figured this much. No actual info from SVC on the "increased payload capacity". Any first hand experience? I don't want to go to HD springs because I don't want to sacrifice off road performance...

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well even standard duty springs will allow 100 or so extra lbs in the bed, and will improve the ride quality both on and off road

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It should be noted nothing increases your payload but there are options to improve handling close to payload and at payload handling.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well screw it. I'll just run it stock for now. If something gets worn out or breaks I'll have an excuse to get deavers and bumpstops.

FYI, I started weighing loaded gearbags and action packers. A gearbag (boots, helmet, knee braces, ect.) is under 40 lbs, and a loaded actionpacker (tools, oil, tubes, spare parts, ect.) is between 35 and 45 lbs.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the added weight, don't forget to increase your tire pressure, you'll find the truck handles better. I always added air to my rears to 55psi when I loaded it. It would help with the loose feeling.