10 svt raptor power loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok guys so I bought this 2010 raptor from a dealer. I honestly thought it was lacking a little but thought it may be in my head. The truck was owned by a "70+" year old man and had 92,000 miles on it. Honestly it is in great shape 10/10 on everything with a clean carfax and priced way under book "by accident" haha anywho my friend had a 13 and drove mine today and told me it wasn't right. Also 2 days ago the wrench came on then went off 5 seconds later. It seems as if it's having issues shifting maybe from 2-3 and 3-4 and coming out of 4th it will go clear up to 5gs and hold almost like it's bouncing off the rev limiter and won't shift. Sometimes you can get it to if you let off then shower back down on it. Also to prove I'm not a complete idiot I did buy a bumper to bumper warranty with it from 36,000 miles. I'm just curious before I go into the dealer and get drug around if anyone else has went through such a thing. Thanks a lot for reading and any input is appreciated!

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Nah it's a 6.1 and it's going this week. Lol poor girl won't even turn the tires over. I knew something was up

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Engine is probably full of carbon. Did you check the air cleaner? Did it sit a while before you bought it? There are a host of reasons that this truck is not running right. Take it in. Tell them to fix it. Don't take no shit from the dealer. Don't bring it home until it's right.

Good luck, and keep us posted.