1967 Jeep Kaiser M715

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Sold.

1967 Jeep Kaiser M715 5/4 ton truck

They made about 30,000 of these in 3 variants: truck (M715), ambulance (M725) and maintenance truck (M726 - some had PTO welders). They were made from '67 to '69 and a few saw service in Vietnam as they replaced Power Wagons. They were removed from service in the mid '70s when they were replaced by Dodge 3/4 ton pick-ups. Most went into state forest service use, including loans to volunteer fire departments (the route mine took). It is the only full-size Jeep ever made with a folding windshield and is based on the Jeep Gladiator pick-up, but shares sheet metal with all of the J-trucks, Wagoneers and full-size Cherokees.

Stock Specs:
Dana 60, closed knuckle, full floating front axle
Dana 70 full floating rear axle
24 volt charging & ignition
230 cid Tornado OHC I-6
-only OHC I-6 Jeep ever used
-Civvie version made 130 hp
Borg Warner T98 4 spd w/ granny 1st (predecessor to T18)
NP200 divorced transfer case (predecessor to NP205)
30" water fording ability
35" NDTs on split rims w/ tubes (will take a 38" with no lift)

bigtruck.jpg

What I have done:
Cleaned up the wiring - the two VFDs before me hacked it up pretty good and I have a box full of wiring I pulled out. I have also completely refurbished the brakes - replaced all hard line, upgraded to dual master cylinder from J20, upgraded wheel cylinders to '70s 3/4 ton Ford. The 24v generator has been professionally rebuilt.

Additional items included in the sale:
-Engine and transmission for future swap
--Complete Ford 390 FE with all accessories (AC compressor makes a great air compressor)
--Rebuilt NP435 4 speed manual transmission with granny low for a divorced t-case, includes prop shaft
-Spare parts (fuel pump, distributors, OEM sparkplugs new in package, etc.)
-Spare split rim wheel with tire and tube

Other info:
This truck was registered, inspected and insured in Texas before I stopped driving it (kids seem to suck up quite a bit of free time, who would have thought...)

Transportation is up to you, it was built with a 45 mph cruising speed in mind.

$2500 - I am open to reasonable offers and trades (firearms, cars with SCCA Autocross potential, etc.). Please use PM for all offers or trades.

I will consider splitting the 390 and NP435 from the sale if you are interested in them.

Last edited:

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome truck, good like.

All I could have offered was my rusted out 76 IH Scout II

Status
Not open for further replies.