Asking price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been in the market for a SCAB now for a couple months and I find that the SCREW's are holding their value excellent while the SCAB's seem to be steadily dropping. I have found over 5 6.2's for under $36,000 (all 2010's). But I have not seen a SCREW for under $40,000 yet.

Silnus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been in the market for a SCAB now for a couple months and I find that the SCREW's are holding their value excellent while the SCAB's seem to be steadily dropping. I have found over 5 6.2's for under $36,000 (all 2010's). But I have not seen a SCREW for under $40,000 yet.

I think alot of that has to do with them being 2011's, since thats when most of the Screws came out. With that said, you wont see to many 2011's under 40k with the addition of the updated DIC amongst other things.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Anything under $40,000 for a 2010 SCab is a great deal! I was just offered $37,000 for trade in on my 2010 with 36,000 miles. That's with no moonroof or nav options. $2000 more if I had those.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything under $40,000 for a 2010 SCab is a great deal! I was just offered $37,000 for trade in on my 2010 with 36,000 miles. That's with no moonroof or nav options. $2000 more if I had those.

Eastern / midwest market seems to be have the lower prices i'm finding. You should take that trade and run. I'm waiting out for little while longer (maybe spring) because I see the prices just dropping and dropping as 2014 comes. Plus now I can get a 6.2. And mind you all the ones i have found have 65k or less, which isnt bad.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The heated debate is always bound to rise when someone wants a number.
The bottom line is it's worth what someone that wants what you have wants to pay.
Specifics are to your area. What others have SOLD for in the last couple of months. Factoring in age,condition,miles,options and how motivated you are to sell it.
I bought my 11 SCAB in 10/11 from the original selling dealer in Cinci Ohio used with 2700 miles on it. I was able to speak with the long time dealer customer that bought it. It was garaged it's only winter on the road, was used to haul plants and bushes for the yard. It still smelled new and wasn't broken in yet. Options listed, I paid 30k shipped to me. It's never a good idea to ask others what is a good price to put on your vehicle. Good luck.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it's worth what someone that wants what you have wants to pay.

I love when people say that. It's so...helpful!

I bought my 11 SCAB in 10/11 from the original selling dealer in Cinci Ohio used with 2700 miles on it. It still smelled new and wasn't broken in yet. Options listed, I paid 30k shipped to me.

Just because you got a ridiculously great deal doesn't mean your purchase price is valid since it's obviously an outlier (outlier: A value that "lies outside" - is much smaller or larger than - most of the other values in a set of data).

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind this is the internet.......everyone pays invoice or below (even though real world data suggest otherwise)......makes a minimum of 6 figures annually (which is what, top 5-7% nationwide)......only uses the :insert car/truck: as a toy since they have a bunch of other high end vehicles......every car for sale is overpriced unless their own etc etc etc.

Resale value for this particular vehicle tends to be quite high. In my area, pnw, most used raptors, scab or screw, are close to or above msrp. For whatever that is worth.