FS: 2013 SCREW Blue Flame 2400 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
lane_change

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got offered $50k at Carmax and $50,500 at Texas Direct Auto today, so unless someone wants it for $51k between now and this weekend, I'll just unload it at Texas Direct on Saturday.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you considered the tax savings by trading the vehicle against another? You will only pay sales tax on the difference between the sales price less trade. Guess the sharp salesman didn't up you.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you considered the tax savings by trading the vehicle against another? You will only pay sales tax on the difference between the sales price less trade. Guess the sharp salesman didn't up you.

I assume he knew that when he said the dealer didn't have anything he wanted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
lane_change

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I would love to do a courtesy purchase through a dealership to save on the taxes, but since the vehicle I am planning to purchase is privately owned and it will not pass local emissions or inspection requirements that the dealership is required to do in order to legally sell me the car I simply have to eat the taxes and move on. The county I live in does not require emissions testing and I can get around the inspection issues....so I can buy the car privately and deal with all that, but the dealerships don't have that same flexibility.

OP
OP
lane_change

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pending sale to private party FRF member...not a big difference in price, but glad to see a forum member get the truck at this price, then another future Raptor owner having to pay $3-4k more at the car dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.