Sdhq ford raptor rear frame reinforcement kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else have these? Im thinkin bout getting them for peace of mind and hopefully they actually do strenthen the frame.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else have these? Im thinkin bout getting them for peace of mind and hopefully they actually do strenthen the frame.

I put a set in last week. They have good tolerances and the powder coating was top notch. I can see where they would be affective . It is easy to understand , just filling in the interior void on the frame is what is the biggest impact. I do not kid myself this is just a cheap preventative measure. Hot tip on install, I had to grind a little off one of the corners on the interior bracket for the inner frame insert. This allowed it to be inserted already fastened to the oval frame insert during the installation. On a side note : I checked the orientation of the interior bracket with a snake camera and it is almost impossible to have it stay orientated up and down. I do not believe the orientation makes a difference on the strength of the brace. This tip may not make sense to anyone other then those who have installed one of these kits or who is about to install one. I called to order and the guys were super nice. They were going to send me one of their New Raptor T-shirts , but that did not make it the box. No big deal though.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I had to grind the bottom of mine off a little on one side to make it fit. Frame bendage I assume.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to grind the bottom of mine off a little on one side to make it fit. Frame bendage I assume.

Not for me . It was the powder coat and a little metal . I did it to just make it easier to install , MUCH easier. On the driver side the brake line could be an obstacle , but not a big issue or challenge. If you instaul the inside bracket and try to hold it there then try and start the bolt for the oval brace , it is a bitch. By grinding a couple mm off one corner you can insert with the assembly bolted together .
Worked great.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Not for me . It was the powder coat and a little metal . I did it to just make it easier to install , MUCH easier. On the driver side the brake line could be an obstacle , but not a big issue or challenge. If you instaul the inside bracket and try to hold it there then try and start the bolt for the oval brace , it is a bitch. By grinding a couple mm off one corner you can insert with the assembly bolted together .
Worked great.

I had to grind a lot, not a little...

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to give these guys props . As soon as they read in my post that the shirt did not show Jason PM'd me and said he would send one right out . In this day and age this is what makes the difference. Treating people like you would want to be treated . Hard to find people much less vendors who give a shit these done .
Thanks SDHQ . As I said in my post it was not a big deal . What is a big deal is that you followed up in real time with a customer . Great job .

JakeY

Reaction score
With these making the frame stronger, what new weak point is being unveiled?

JakeY

Reaction score
Its just common sense, it's not like strengthening the weak point makes it bulletproof. It usually makes something that isnt meant to break break. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any problems.

RSQP

Reaction score
I have to give these guys props . As soon as they read in my post that the shirt did not show Jason PM'd me and said he would send one right out . In this day and age this is what makes the difference. Treating people like you would want to be treated . Hard to find people much less vendors who give a shit these done .
Thanks SDHQ . As I said in my post it was not a big deal . What is a big deal is that you followed up in real time with a customer . Great job .

Yeah, um, my Pro-Am wheels, bump-stop kit, T-shirt, trophy bumpers with LEDs, Stainlessworks headers and exhaust, etc., etc. didn't arrive in my shipment either, but I'm sure they'll take care of that for me too.

I'm waiting for the PM. Don't let me down SDHQ!

I'm not yet really a bona fide customer, but thus far, the guys at SDHQ have been very helpful in answering my questions, and I look forward to placing my first order.

Last edited: