Looking to buy a Raptor, some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ruby, a south truck has most likely not been in salt, as long as away from coast and beach. To give you an idea, my buddy bought what you want 2 weeks ago in Mississippi. It was a white 2012, everything except nav, 48k miles and it cost him 41,000.

OP
OP
K

KingRoman

Reaction score
I agree with Ruby, a south truck has most likely not been in salt, as long as away from coast and beach. To give you an idea, my buddy bought what you want 2 weeks ago in Mississippi. It was a white 2012, everything except nav, 48k miles and it cost him 41,000.

Wow that is an awesome price, I would of hopped on that as well.

Thanks for sharing that, gives me a better idea on what I can get.

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that is an awesome price, I would of hopped on that as well.

Thanks for sharing that, gives me a better idea on what I can get.

2013 SCREW with 50k miles for 44k BIN on ebay. Already went off once without selling. Probably a little haggle room.

edit: here is the link. Looks like BIN option is gone. BId is at 43k no reserve.

Ford F 150 SVT Raptor | eBay

OP
OP
K

KingRoman

Reaction score
2013 SCREW with 50k miles for 44k BIN on ebay. Already went off once without selling. Probably a little haggle room.

edit: here is the link. Looks like BIN option is gone. BId is at 43k no reserve.

Ford F 150 SVT Raptor | eBay

I sent him a message asking about rust and getting some frame pics, becuase you can see some rust on the receiver. No reply back yet. If it was rust free I'd probably buy it.

fkim119

Reaction score
Personally I would do a west coast truck. Probably isn't affected by the elements of bad roads, road salt etc...

OP
OP
K

KingRoman

Reaction score
Would you guys say its worth paying a little more for a truck with say 20-30k miles compared to a 50k mile truck?

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'd actually be abe to find a decent deal in the MT/WY/ID area. There's a big market here for superduty's, less-so for non-diesel trucks. Also, MT doesn't use salt on their roads, but instead goes for sand and gravel. So, you buy a Raptor from back east and you'll likely have corrosion, you buy one from MT and you'll likely have chips in the paint (80 mph on a road with semi's that was graveled a week ago is brutal). Good luck!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Would you guys say its worth paying a little more for a truck with say 20-30k miles compared to a 50k mile truck?

It depends on how much more. Having a warranty is a good idea on a used car, especially a Raptor. Things like shocks and steering racks tend to go out and are covered under warranty.

My future in-laws have a place up in Bozeman. I'll have to bring the Raptor up and have you show me around this summer [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk