Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Prospective Raptor Owners
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Prospective Raptor Owners

Extended warranty and snow performance...

This is a discussion on Extended warranty and snow performance... within the Prospective Raptor Owners forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Personally I opted out of the extended warranty for my 2010 since I know I'll either get to a point ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Personally I opted out of the extended warranty for my 2010 since I know I'll either get to a point where it will all be void or I'll get a newer model before 3 years is up. My g/f on the other hand bought a 2011 this summer and got the warranty for the duration of her financing, but that mostly because she has her own personal black cloud, lol.

As for the snow performance I live in the NWT and we've got 10-20cm coming down today. Went through last winter and the only time I needed 4x4 was to play or pull a trailer out of the snow. So long as you understand it's winter and you don't drive like an idiot you're fine.

Last edited by Spider-One; 11-02-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Spider-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Spider-One View Post
So long as you understand it's winter and you don't drive like an idiot you're fine.
There is the key! Most people that drive 4x4 think they are invincible! The Raptor is an extremely capable truck in winter, as long as your not an idiot..
Squatting Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I bought my last F150, a 2006 King Ranch, without an extended warranty based on the "consumer magazine" type advice that extended warranties are not worth the money. Just after the basic warranty ended on my '06, the transmission blew and cost me $3,000. So, I bought the 7/100K ESP for the Raptor! I suggest shopping fordwarrantys.com and see their price. I printed the online price and asked my dealer to price match. After some complaining that the online price was too low, the dealer matched the price and I bought it when I took delivery on the Raptor.
Raptor108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #24 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Sucks for u

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2012 Silver Screw Saints Offroad Front Bumper, mid perch, Retrofits 3" FXR w/ Evil Eyes, SW long tube headers, lightning style exhaust, 5 Star Tunes on SCT Livewire TS, Injen CAI, Method DS black w/ machned lip, lots of LED lights, LED tails, Hornblasters kit, WSI springs, RPG PSR w/cooler & filter, etc...
NickPic83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 AM   #25 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I had to take my Raptor through some unplanted fields in PA to get into any kind of snow. 2 years after the snow-pocolypse in NOVA and haven't seen a thing! However after a 1/2 inch dusting I did try and kick out the rear a bit around a parking lot and the stability control held me together and wouldn't let it over rotate, you'd have to swing it and just slide sideways by momentum, but won't under power :)
midnighyt is offline   Reply With Quote