Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Prospective Raptor Owners
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Prospective Raptor Owners

Buying a Raptor in SoCall

This is a discussion on Buying a Raptor in SoCall within the Prospective Raptor Owners forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! I'm starting to shop for a Ford Raptor and I'm curious what the ...

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Buying a Raptor in SoCall

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I'm starting to shop for a Ford Raptor and I'm curious what the other members in SoCal have done. Is there a specific dealership that you guys have dealt with that has offered good pricing and service? Did you guys just order one from Randy? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve

panzermechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Team Ford - Las Vegas
Randy is very helpful and a real good guy. Try him first - I did... He answered every question I had and I feel bad I didn't get mine from him. Randy said it was okay because he knew finding a 2011 Molten Orange SCREW with Navigation and without a sunroof was going to be a challenge. It was the mileage to drive to one of his dealers and/or the cost to truck it to a dealer in Huntington Beach that killed the deal. I ended up at Team Ford - Las Vegas. Team Ford gets more Raptors than any dealer I have talked to. Craig Stewart a friend of mine set me up with the dealership owner and he assigned me a salesman that e-mailed me every few days with the progress of my ordered Raptor. He called me a couple days before it arrived and he sent me a plane ticket and picked me up at the airport. I was at the dealer less than an hour and I was on Hwy 15 looking for a dirt road to test this Raptor SVT out. Took a few shots and got back to Los Angeles in 4 hours. I saved 15k plus going to Vegas over a few local dealers. Yes, they do have Raptors in stock all the time...

Old 11-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I went through super ford in puente hills. I worked with Bill the Internet sales manager . Good guy.

Blukrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

FYT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

In-laws own Theodore Robins Ford in Costa Mesa and my wife runs the Internet Dept. Sent you a PM... Her FRF referral price is tough to beat.
Raptizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Just avoid Ken Grody Ford. They charge 10,000 over MSRP for a Raptor on the lot...No negotiating. I went through a friend who is a fleet dealer in south Orange County. I ordered a 2012 during the first week of September ... still waiting for a VIN.
nate2631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I went to Redlands Ford and did it all by email. Straight up invoice pricing. :)

I ended up getting just what I wanted and I never had to haggle for anything. It was the easiest and best experience I could have hoped for.

You just have to work with the internet sales manager. Call or email.
19-Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the help guys, emails have been placed. Now to start the arduous process of purchasing a new vehicle...
panzermechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Originally Posted by panzermechanic View Post
Thanks for the help guys, emails have been placed. Now to start the arduous process of purchasing a new vehicle...
good luck! dont buy to much stuff while you are waiting to have it built
19-Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Raptizzle View Post
In-laws own Theodore Robins Ford in Costa Mesa and my wife runs the Internet Dept. Sent you a PM... Her FRF referral price is tough to beat.
Theo Robins is ok but also kinda not. I went there in July 2010 when they had 2-4 Raptors on their lot. The reason I went there was b/c they were selling raptors witout a deaer mark-up ie loaded 2010 model for 48K back in 7/10. I worked with the fleet manager there, ok guy but cocky (asian dude). Their used car buyer rubbed his greesy hands all over my SRT-8 Jeep (mint condition vehicle) and then questined me being the one that washes it (I use to have my own auto detail biz years ago fyi) then they offered me like 22K in 7/10 for a 50K jeep with under 30K miles! Hit and miss at this dealer. I have more So-Cal updates on other threads I will post shortly.

PS-when my brother and I left Theo that day....we drove a mile own the road to Orange Coast Chrysler Jeep...where my brother got 38K for his SRT jeep (same year, less options than mine + bad paint job) thus, my brother left with a new 1500 Ram Larame loaded! Again, not sure Theo Robb is the best place though they have been in biz a LONGGG time. Oh Ya, Theo Robb is where I first test drove a 6.2 Raptor...was the best part of visiting that dealership.

Last edited by Quicksand; 11-03-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Quicksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Also avoid Fiest Ford off I-10 in the Palm Springs area.....I went there in person two weeks ago and was rudely treated and told they wouldn't even order me a 2012 Raptor WITHOUT 5K CASH down (in the dealers actual personal pocket) not even applied towards the purchase!! So only go here if you are a Moron with to much money, no biz sense, and no dignity...and speak Spanish! No offense. Seriously........I left certified 40ft SRT-8 skid mark when leaving their lot! Never ever to reutrn. Douche Bags!

I'm very happy with the Internet Sales manager I found in Colorado (yes Colorado). I have a PO Box/Property in CO so I can register in that State + using Amex points already in place to fly one way (will be bout $39 for one way ticket aka less than it would cost me in gas to drive from Pam Sprngs to the So-Cal coast in my SRT-8 Jeep!

Then pick up my new Truck...and enjoy the 800 mile ride (perfect run to break the motor in right) thru the most beautiful countryside IN THE WORLD i.e. shiprock, tuba city (Navajo country) down thru Flaggstaff, AZ, into California after crossing the Colorado River....then take 95 from I-40 aka the "MADD MAXX" Route down to I-10 (awesome short cut bypassing Phoenix) diectly into the Coechella Valley! :) As you can tell...I'm planning!

Last edited by Quicksand; 11-03-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Quicksand is offline   Reply With Quote