Actual wait times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TTOKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see alot of discussion of ordering versus buying off the dealers lot. The primary value in ordering seems to be getting the price down to or close to invoice price. There are 6 identical trucks spread across 5 local dealers so I think I can play them against each other to get the price where I want it...but if that doesnt work..

If you ordered your Raptor how long was your wait from order to delivery?
A dealer in Tulsa is telling me 6-8 weeks. 2 dealers in OKC are saying 12-16 weeks. I might be able to tolerate 6-8 weeks (will be in Hawaii for 3 weeks in July so that will help) but not 12-16.

For those of you that ordered you 2012 how long did you have to wait?

TT

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I waited 5 months, ordered in October of 2011. All depends on the dealers alocation. I went with a small dealer. got $250 over invoice

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12 weeks for me. But like CAbimmer said, ALL depends on your dealers allocation.

Last edited:

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
38 days for me. Ordered 3/12 and delivered 4/19. It helped that mine was delivered on a transport as opposed to rail car .

This is probably a good time as the 2012 production year winds down. I tend to think dealers will allow their F150 inventories draw down in anticipation of the 2013s.

Spcandrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine a touch under 2 months from the time I ordered to the dealer telling me it was ready for pick up!

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree. The MAIN reason to order is to get EXACTLY what you want as far as options. No more, no less. The price is the same regardless. That said, I have been waiting since the first week in January for mine. Dealer called yesterday and told me it's in town at the port. Unfortunately, I have to wait for it to get to another town (where my dealer is located) to pick it up. SO, another week for me.

teflon_jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dealer in Tulsa is telling me 6-8 weeks.
That dealer either has no clue or they're lying to you.

2 dealers in OKC are saying 12-16 weeks.
This is a much more realistic timeline but still optimistic. Late Oct would be a really, really optimistic estimate. Nov is really the earliest you should expect it but Dec is more likely, and Jan or even Feb is possible.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That dealer either has no clue or they're lying to you.

This is a much more realistic timeline but still optimistic. Late Oct would be a really, really optimistic estimate. Nov is really the earliest you should expect it but Dec is more likely, and Jan or even Feb is possible.

Correct if your talking about a 2013.

Hell 2013 F150 Raptors, look to have a first day build about 9/27/12.

If your asking about a dealer that might still have a 2012 allocation available,
then your wait will be fairly short, by end of Sept/12??

randy