2014 Screw Raptor Tuxedo Black with high miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khilborn

Reaction score
I am well might be getting a 2014 Fully loaded with everything except exterior decals, really clean, one owner and it was registered as a cooperate vehicle. From the pictures it looks really well kept. I have not seen it in person yet. The only thing that stands out is the high mileage, it has 72k miles on it.

With a 2014 with that many miles, what kinda of price point should I be at?

Glenbartley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree i bought a 2012 with 20k miles for 38k in april and felt like it was a good deal. With 2 years difference the higher milage is offset. Mine has all options available that year. 40k seems like a good price. Dont be scared to try and deal though. Maybe tell them most feel the new raptor is hurting gen 1 values. Lol

OP
OP
K

Khilborn

Reaction score
Right now I got them at 41,500 and they will not go any lower. Should I pull the trigger or keep looking?

Last edited:

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Prices depend upon where you live. Supply and demand rule the day. I would jump on it, they are not making any more Gen 1s.

OP
OP
K

Khilborn

Reaction score
Prices depend upon where you live. Supply and demand rule the day. I would jump on it, they are not making any more Gen 1s.

How do you feel about the miles on it? If and when I go look in person, what should I look for. When test driving, what should I listen for. I don't want to leave the lot and have to dump 2k-5k in to it for repairs. I would like to enjoy it and start doing mods on it.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look underneath, check the shocks for leaking. Are there any dents on the skid plates? How much off roading was the truck used for should be evident here. Be sure the dealer has some kind of warranty. Take it to a third party for an engine inspection, a reliable shop. These engines are strong and that truck has many more miles left on her.

OP
OP
K

Khilborn

Reaction score
Look underneath, check the shocks for leaking. Are there any dents on the skid plates? How much off roading was the truck used for should be evident here. Be sure the dealer has some kind of warranty. Take it to a third party for an engine inspection, a reliable shop. These engines are strong and that truck has many more miles left on her.

That did tell me it was as is. Maybe I could work a little warranty in to the deal. How long of a warranty do you think I could approach them with?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its a good price. Plus 2013 and 14 are redesigned compared to 2010-2012 models.
besides rebuilding shocks there should not be any issues. Run a history report and see if the fuse recall was done. Make sure the tires are good.
Best of luck.