Rear leaf spring mounts cracked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BeadBlaster,
OUCH!
What model year? How many miles? How hard has it been run? I'm going to check mine in the am.
THANK YOU!
Eddie

D

Deleted member 12951

Can that be welded to fix or do they need to be cutoff the frame and weld on new ones?

OP
OP
beadblaster

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 with 60,00 miles. The truck is used mainly mostly off road as a expedition truck. I have run trips up to 10,000 miles (approx 8000 miles on dirt roads and trails) but most trips are around 5000 miles. I usually pack around 500 lbs of gear in the box plus a roof top tent. The truck does have the WSI he springs,2.5 bump stops and 3.0 fox shocks.

I can weld up the cracks and I will probably renforce the brackets.

SilverBack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 with 60,00 miles. The truck is used mainly mostly off road as a expedition truck. I have run trips up to 10,000 miles (approx 8000 miles on dirt roads and trails) but most trips are around 5000 miles. I usually pack around 500 lbs of gear in the box plus a roof top tent. The truck does have the WSI he springs,2.5 bump stops and 3.0 fox shocks.

I would drill a hole in the end of the cracks V them out a little Weld them up and fully box them in so it doesn't happen again.

Now you got me thinking if I should box mine in before any of that happens.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Are you running stock shackles?

I have a 2011 with 89,000 and mine look brand new.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am running stock shackles. Is there any advantage in doing a shackle flip and running shorter shackles

I was only asking because if you were running aftermarket shackles, then that could have been a contributing factor. I'm guessing your stock mounts are failing because of how hard your pushing the truck. These mounts are the same ones that are on all F-150's. I would just box it in and keep an eye on it. GL.