Power Steering Whine, Stiffness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine failed at just under warranty last year. I drove home on a Sunday and took it to the dealership on Monday at 36,200 miles. They denied my warranty claim because I was over 36K.

My advice would be to find a good dealer and see what they can do. I don't use any of the local dealers now for any kind of work due to the poor service I and everyone else I know has had. In polling all of my friends with Ford vehicles in the local area, not a single one has had a positive experience with any of the dealers in the area.

fruth04

Reaction score
Figured I would drag this thread out of the archives, my truck had the power steering "fixed" under warranty at like 9-10k when I lost it completely, Mine had a different issue that was intermittent when I was going out of warranty recently so ford extended my warranty like 3k ( was supposed to be +30k (added to the 20k I was at) , but the guy that set it up from ford screwed up) , Currently my 11' is at 28200 and I think currently my warranty expires soon again... and my powersteering is whining again... it works, but it is whining pretty consistently, I thought it was the cold? (its been between 0-10degrees lately) and tonight I started it in the warm garage and it was whining.. what the hell.