New Raptor - Odd Slight Bounce

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssaka

Reaction score
First, hello all - glad to find the forum.

I just picked up my Raptor this week and I am experiencing something I perceive as a problem, but am unsure.

The suspension feels odd to me, like there is always a slight bounce - very minor, but consistent - like it is not really dampening the road bumps, rather you hit a small road bump and then the suspension oscillates to hit the next and to start all over again - so it always feels like the vehicle is just slightly bouncing as you drive...

This is a very strange sensation and one I have never experienced before.

Any insight would be appreciate - much thanks.

STS

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have experienced the same thing with mine. It seems the S-Crew has it more. I will be changing my suspension to 3.0's hopefully that will help.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you comparing this feeling to...what was your last vehicle...do you hear any noises...

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This sounds odd to me. I have a 2012 and either haven't experienced what you are describing or I haven't paid enough attention. Do you have this sensation across all surfaces? I know I have some wonky roads (concrete) by my house that always make you feel like you have a flat tire no matter what you drive.

OP
OP
S

ssaka

Reaction score
I have the Supercrew.

And for comparison sake, any vehicle really - I mean I have driven a lot of trucks both on and off road. And I am not picky guy - my daily for years has been self-built up Jeep LJ with 35s.

Road surface is really any - it is just this weird almost unnoticeable bouncing - like the suspension is too soft - normally I expect vehicles tuned for offroad to be stiffer, I expect to feel bumps, what I don't expect is to feel this stange sponginess.

And the truth is I could be totally off - maybe it is some sort of slight vibration or minuscule axle hop...

I am really having a hard time describing it and before I talk to the dealer I was hoping to see if anyone on here has any insight.

It is such a slight odd sensation that I doubt the technician will even notice it so I am trying to wrap my own brain around what it may be before askking to have it looked at.

Thanks for the replies,

STS

ps: No noises accompanying it.

Last edited:

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Supercrew.

And for comparison sake, any vehicle really - I mean I have driven a lot of trucks both on and off road. And I am not picky guy - my daily for years has been self-built up Jeep LJ with 35s.

Road surface is really any - it is just this weird almost unnoticeable bouncing - like the suspension is too soft - normally I expect vehicles tuned for offroad to be stiffer, I expect to feel bumps, what I don't expect is to feel this stange sponginess.

And the truth is I could be totally off - maybe it is some sort of slight vibration or minuscule axle hop...

I am really having a hard time describing it and before I talk to the dealer I was hoping to see if anyone on here has any insight.

It is such a slight odd sensation that I doubt the technician will even notice it so I am trying to wrap my own brain around what it may be before askking to have it looked at.

Thanks for the replies,

STS

ps: No noises accompanying it.

Where are you? Maybe see if someone local will give you a ride in theirs for comparison's sake.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the technical word for this problem is Harmonics, some people call it a rolling galop.

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it feel like your driverside front tire is dribbling like a basketball ever so slightly, sometimes without even hitting a bump?? Does it feel like the coilover spring just goes boooooing in the steering wheel, almost like there is more spring and no dampening in the shock??

Killjoy

Reaction score
I'm actually experiencing this same issue just recently. Recently took a good hit offroad to the front end but at first I thought rear tire out of balance. Here is exactly what I feel.

- Very faint but constant wobble/bounce/something from rear from 0-50mph+
- even at the lightest take-off you can tell its there on the smoothest road
- on anything more than normal throttle or bad road you wouldnt notice as it seems its just going over bumps
- no vibration in the front; only in the seat do I feel it

The rear axle definitely took a hit about 30mph going over a good size bank (1-2ft deep). However no sound accompanying... no visible issues...

Could it be rear end? pinion gear beat up? bent axle of some sort?

Las Vegas, NV - 9500 miles - 2012 Supercrew

Also I already put new tires on the rear and had them balance.