Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum

New 2013 roush raptor stalls

This is a discussion on New 2013 roush raptor stalls within the Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Just picked up my new 2013 Roush Raptor last week (June 3rd) and not even 400 miles later, last Saturday, ...

User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Unhappy New 2013 roush raptor stalls
Just picked up my new 2013 Roush Raptor last week (June 3rd) and not even 400 miles later, last Saturday, she stalls twice within 50 miles / 30 minutes of each other. Here's was happened... Warmed the car up 5 minutes..... drove her slow to pick up a friend who lives on top of a mountain. had to slow down to make a turn up a hill... half way thru, she stalls, I lose power steering, almost hit someone's house, slam on the brakes, restart the truck in park. On screen says check oil pressure. Then I pick up my friend, and 25 minutes later she stalls on a flat straight away cruising at about 40-45mph. Again says Check / Low oil pressure. Got her home, took her out again 10 minutes later to record the issue and collect as much info as I can and doesn't stall. Drove a whole hour....nothing. Next day took her out again, no stall. Took the truck back to the Roush dealer Monday, an hour away, no stall. Left the truck there all day, got a call today (Tuesday) and reported no problem. My guess is something electronically, maybe an oil pressure sensor for all I know causing the engine to cut for engine safety. Has this happened to anybody else? I do notice that the truck idles at about 500- 600rpms.(I assume because of negative boost from the supercharger) ANY INSIGHT WILL BE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED!! Thanks

Last edited by Yorker2005; 06-11-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Yorker2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Welcome, don't have a Roush to help you, but if you want to let me drive it awhile to narrow it down for you I can try to force myself.... lol....

Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass. My biggest fear running out of ammo
Icecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Lol, you gonna fly out to NY to diagnose it ice?

Cleave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Yorker2005 View Post
Just picked up my new 2013 Roush Raptor last week (June 3rd) and not even 400 miles later, last Saturday, she stalls twice within 50 miles / 30 minutes of each other. Here's was happened... Warmed the car up 5 minutes..... drove her slow to pick up a friend who lives on top of a mountain. had to slow down to make a turn up a hill... half way thru, she stalls, I lose power steering, almost hit someone's house, slam on the brakes, restart the truck in park. On screen says check oil pressure. Then I pick up my friend, and 25 minutes later she stalls on a flat straight away cruising at about 40-45mph. Again says Check / Low oil pressure. Got her home, took her out again 10 minutes later to record the issue and collect as much info as I can and doesn't stall. Drove a whole hour....nothing. Next day took her out again, no stall. Took the truck back to the Roush dealer Monday, an hour away, no stall. Left the truck there all day, got a call today (Tuesday) and reported no problem. My guess is something electronically, maybe an oil pressure sensor for all I know causing the engine to cut for engine safety. Has this happened to anybody else? I do notice that the truck idles at about 500- 600rpms.(I assume because of negative boost from the supercharger) ANY INSIGHT WILL BE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED!! Thanks
your first senario happend to me once, but never again. i would drive it a bit more and see if it happens again. looks like its a gremlin thats worked its way out.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Kaiser Söze

Mentioned: 310 Post(s)

Moved to Problems and Questions forum.

'04 MazdaSpeed Miata
'67 Jeep Kaiser M715 - sold
Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition . . . it's YOUR Public Land!
KaiserM715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

You checked your oil level right? If you ever see the low oil pressure light come on the engine should be shut off and oil checked. There have been a couple members describing a similar situation while going up a steep incline. Haven't heard of a solution yet.
Wilson likes this.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Lord of the Raptors

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Definitely check your oil, mine did something similar, it was a quart low. Especially if you were on an incline, it could have simulated lower than normal oil level.
Wilson likes this.

treypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have over 6000 miles on mine and have not had any of those problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
roushraptor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I have 4000 miles on my Roush and I took mine back into the dealership today. Two days ago driving on the freeway the temp gauge went straight to HOTTT. So now mine is overheating. Once it goes up the fan stays on. The Coolant was a tad low. I topped it off and still overheating. Ford cant find whats wrong. They say the engine it self is not getting hot. They said they have to make some phone calls...... Chity.

2010 BMW F 800 GS
RoushRaptor661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

What does Roush say about it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
roushraptor13 is offline   Reply With Quote