A few problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hope some one can shed a little light on my problem.... today i filled it up with gas for a road trip with the wife. as soon as i started to go the "wrench" came on along with the engine light. eventually the wrench went away but the engine light stayed on. after 150 or so miles the truck wouldn't shift out of third (i was around a mile or so from the house when it wouldn't shift) i tried it manually and it would only go to third.... any ideas on what it could be? the truck has no mods and it has around 14,700 on the clock. it is also a 2012.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea sounds like the electronic shift silinoids went out... These sealed 100,000 mile transmissions sometimes go out. This is what seems to e the prooblem with the conditions you're describing.. A long time family friend told me that it's a love hate with these trannys (he owns a transmission shop) cause when they do go out its a big payday but at the same time they very rarely go out. This should be covered under warrenty if you still have it and they'll replace the shift silinoids...

As for Motomute he's just saying that our 2010 raptors are way better than any other year hahaha cause like me we have had very very little problems with outs unlike you newer guys!!

Hope it gets fixed buddy I don't like seeing any raptor with a problem!! Let us know how it goes and what they say the problem is..

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pat & Stoner speak FTW!

Problem is they keep making these beasts more fancy every year, when they need to concentrate more on making them bulletproof! You are def in warranty so all's well. I'm extended warranteed up for 5 yrs 100,000 miles so far so good