Cracking Tires

• Thread starter Deleted member 17706
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

So I wanted some feedback on the cracking of my tires. I don't know if it's just cosmetic, or if it's a defect. The tires have been rotated and balanced every 3000 miles with an alignment being done every 10,000 miles. The tires have 34,000 miles on them and have 8/32 tread.

Thanks

The cracking is on all four tires.

Attachments

• IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
BFG will likely offer some type of assistance, they did on mine.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were replaced for the same reason. The credit was based off of tread life left. They gave me a 60-70% credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 17706

Talk to BFG. Someone here got them replaced under warranty with BFG not Ford but you could try Ford also.

BFG will likely offer some type of assistance, they did on mine.

Mine were replaced for the same reason. The credit was based off of tread life left. They gave me a 60-70% credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called BFG and got a claim started... I need to take my vehicle to a tire shop where I can get an inspection done. Thanks for the info! Hopefully I'll be updating this with a new set of KO2's :)

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 17706

whats the source of the cracking.?. caustic desert environment.?. bad run of tires.?.

I don't know what caused it... The cracking seems to be getting worse. I'm planning a trip to Jasper National Park next month, so the last thing I want is to have a tire failure. My other KO's never did this... that's why I wanted to ask around to see if others had this experience.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what caused it... The cracking seems to be getting worse. I'm planning a trip to Jasper National Park next month, so the last thing I want is to have a tire failure. My other KO's never did this... that's why I wanted to ask around to see if others had this experience.
Its dry rotting, nothing you can do about it. Get rid of them as soon as you can, not really safe anymore. These are original KOs, they were notorious for that. The rubber texture, outside elements can contribute to this, you also drive like a grandma, just kidding... KO2s is night and day different. Like others said contact BFG and see if they can offer any $$$ help.