Climate Control Issue, Need Help: Blend Door Actuator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jakehobbs

jakehobbs

Reaction score
Anyone have more info? I really need to order this part and get it installed before next weekend. Just not sure what part is broke?

OP
OP
jakehobbs

jakehobbs

Reaction score
Its FIXED!

Figured I would give everyone a little insight to this just in case you are having the same issue.

When I starting doing research it seemed like everyone was having their issue on the drivers side and I couldn't find anything referencing what I had going on. I rembered that I had seen a few youtube videos from user "FordTechMakuloco" a few months ago that had helped me out. I messaged him on FB with my issue and he hit me back within a few hours with the part number and of COURSE he had a video with detailed instructions on how to complete the fix. This guy is a life saver. Here is the part I bought and video is below. What Ford would of probably charged $300+, I was able to do for $20 on the actuator at Napa and 45 minutes of my own time. SCORE! The guy was super helpful and its rad to see him going out of his way to help people out asking for nothing in return.

Napa Part Here
this is for the Passenger Side, Upper Blend Door Motor. Its located behind the radio in the dash.

For some reason I can't get the damn YouTube video to embed. Here is the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
We had this same issue with Night Raptor, but got it fixed under our extended warranty. Glad it was an easy fix for you and thanks for posting the info for those out of warranty!

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its FIXED!

I was able to do for $20 on the actuator at Napa and 45 minutes of my own time. SCORE! The guy was super helpful and its rad to see him going out of his way to help people out asking for nothing in return.

Jake, Thanks!! Just troubleshooting mine and found this post. Great reference. That video is the one that popped up last night when I Googled.

To be clear, driver side heat seems all good. It is the passenger side and rear seat that seem to have gone on mine. You mention your passenger side wasn't working. Do you happen to know if that actuator also affects the heat (NOT) reaching the rear console vents??

Thanks