Bouncin' off the rev limiter...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Today I was having some fun in the Raptor on the back 40. You know, donuts, jumps, etc. with T/C completely off and O/R mode on.

After a little bit, the motor just starts bouncing off redline and tranny won't upshift until I let off. It was happening when I was doing donuts with the throttle pinned.

Has this happened to others?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Mine will slam the rev limiter when it's cold out and I put the hammer down. Between 1-2 shift it hits before it shifts. If u have a CAI without a tune that might do it.....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Mine will slam the rev limiter when it's cold out and I put the hammer down. Between 1-2 shift it hits before it shifts. If u have a CAI without a tune that might do it.....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Yup, or sometimes from a really slow roll. Its FULL THROTTLE hits limiter and DIES then shifts and FULL THROTTLE. Its a real PITA

Voodoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I was having some fun in the Raptor on the back 40. You know, donuts, jumps, etc. with T/C completely off and O/R mode on.

After a little bit, the motor just starts bouncing off redline and tranny won't upshift until I let off. It was happening when I was doing donuts with the throttle pinned.

mine does the same thing. i think this transmission is shit and the shift points where picked and programed by a moron.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Time for a tune! :peace: