Ball jounts bad on passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YAMAHATOO

Reaction score
So iam getting estimates in the 1k dollar range just for one side upper and lower, iam wondering if there is any alternative like maybe doing the whole front suspension and if so what is the most affordable but still quality aim not really trying to spend 6k on a front end , let me know your thoughts, thanks

D

Deleted member 12951

I would post something in the Wanted to buy section and see if anyone wants to sell you the parts then use those. That would be your least expensive and affordable option.

To replace the UCA with aftermarket, your are at least around $700 and LCA at least double that. Most replace the LCA so they can run dual shocks. But why stop there, might as well do the knuckles too and then shocks and tie rod. Get's up there real quick. Hence why the recommend of looking for used parts. I've seen stock UCA for $100-$200 and LCA in the $300-$500 range.

Good luck

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RDFTS pretty much nailed it. The good thing is a lot of guys are upgrading their upper and lowers so you should be able to get a deal one a used set. I'd recommend reaching to SVC to see if they have some to sell you.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't need LCA's they are rebuildable, MOOG sells all the bushings and ball joints for them. UCAs you will want some take offs as the ball joints can't be replaced.

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need LCA's they are rebuildable, MOOG sells all the bushings and ball joints for them. UCAs you will want some take offs as the ball joints can't be replaced.

Hijack in progress and revival of an old thread, thank you search button...

You say the ball joints can't be replaced? My truck is at the dealership for service and a "clunk" yet again. This time they are saying the ball joints are bad, and are replacing them and the tie rod ends. It's still waiting parts, the tech said for the upper ball joints... are you saying that they are actually replacing the entire UCA? They already replaced the lower ball joints, was that a new LCA too? Mainly out of curiosity. Also, they will do an alignment afterwards right? If so that's awesome because I was going to take it in this weekend for one before my long trip next week.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Lower ball joints are available at RockAuto. Moog part no K500193, $47.79 each. Upper control arms are $155 each from Ford. So $200 in parts, and I would guess at least three hours of labor @$100 - $150 and you are looking at $500 - $750 and then $80 for alignment on top of that. $1000 is not that far off. However, my labor estimate may be low. All of the suspension (Shock, upper and lower control arms) and CV shaft for that side all have to come apart to replace the upper control arm (ball joint is integrated) and lower ball joint.

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the info. That's a lot of work. I'm glad they found out what was wrong though, this is the 3rd time in 15k miles I had it in for the same reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter