2013 Raptor .. hill descent and advanctrac fault also wrench light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's any help to you or others... Crossing some RR tracks in rain last week, experienced much of the same : Advance trac svc, hill decent fault, wrench, ses, and into limp mode.

P0013, P0023, PP0103, P0104, P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161, P0443

Solution... Dealer replaced bad MAF sensor and blown 20A fuse (F76)

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GT stang

Reaction score
If it's any help to you or others... Crossing some RR tracks in rain last week, experienced much of the same : Advance trac svc, hill decent fault, wrench, ses, and into limp mode.

P0013, P0023, PP0103, P0104, P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161, P0443

Solution... Dealer replaced bad MAF sensor and blown 20A fuse (F37)

THANK YOU

what is ses ?
and is there a different warning for limp mode or is it just a wrench light ?

I replaced the MAF sensor two days ago with a new one ..

so where is that fuse ?

I have attached the fuse box description image

I did replace the 10A fuse #37 in the passenger compartment which is for trailer brake but the problem is still there

also p0141 , p0161 is for both rear o2 sensor .. they were turned off in the tune because I have LT headers with off road y pipe .. so that's why I don't have them .. but I did notice them coming up when I put the stock tune back

is that all the dealer did for your truck ? #37 fuse is 10A not 20A so maybe a different fuse # ?

take a look at the attachments please

Attachments

• front fuse.jpg
    front fuse.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 229
  • pass fuse.jpg
    pass fuse.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 133

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What ended up fixing most of these codes for me was replacing the interior wiring harness. They also found a corroded ground underneath the center console but you didn't have interior water intrusion so I'm not sure.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 2 fuseboxes, under the hood (power distribution box) and in the cab (smart junction box). The fuse I blew is in the under hood box. The images you attached are listing of the in cab smart junction fuses.

Ive found that fuse #s varied between 2010 and my 2012, so my fuse numbering could be different than yours. Looking back at my first post, I likley mistyped the fuse #. I don't have the ford receipt on me, but it was likely Fuse 76.

F76 - 20A :
PCM – Voltage power 2 (General
powertrain components, Mass air
flow/Intake air temp sensor)
(3.7L, 5.0L, 6.2L engines)

I'm not sure if I went into Limp right away when I got the ATS, HDF, & Wrench lights... I think that came shortly after along with the SES light. The tech thinking was, water got on MAF sensor, threw up faults. Eventually tripped fuse, and I went into limp.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GT stang

Reaction score
There are 2 fuseboxes, under the hood (power distribution box) and in the cab (smart junction box). The fuse I blew is in the under hood box. The images you attached are listing of the in cab smart junction fuses.

Ive found that fuse #s varied between 2010 and my 2012, so my fuse numbering could be different than yours. Looking back at my first post, I likley mistyped the fuse #. I don't have the ford receipt on me, but it was likely Fuse 76.

F76 - 20A :
PCM – Voltage power 2 (General
powertrain components, Mass air
flow/Intake air temp sensor)
(3.7L, 5.0L, 6.2L engines)

I'm not sure if I went into Limp right away when I got the ATS, HDF, & Wrench lights... I think that came shortly after along with the SES light. The tech thinking was, water got on MAF sensor, threw up faults. Eventually tripped fuse, and I went into limp.

THANK YOU
You dont know how much i love you now ..lol

It was the fuse you are right .. I took one spare 20A fuse from the passenger compartment and replaced the blown one .. Then started the car and TAADDAA no warnings ..

Thank you so much for all your help I really appreciate it

What funny is ford srvice manual says to check 3 different fuses for the hill descent control fault .. Even for this DTC p0103 it wont tell you to check for any fuse ,

Again big thanks to you and to everyone who tried to help

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent! This sub-forum hasn't let me down for solving problems

Replacing your MAF sensor was likley going to be needed in addition to your fuse. So that replacement likely wasn't a waste.

Guessing you don't get much moisture there, so its possible my fault wasn't water/volant related...

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am glad it was fixed. The most common reason for this is corrosion on the LEDs for the Third Brake Light. I know it sounds silly, but the Hill Decent is somehow tied into those lights and when water gets in there, they drop the same error codes. I keep a spare brake light in the garage for this very reason.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm considering carring a spare MAF sensor now too, given some of the water crossings we have encountered the last two years

OP
OP
G

GT stang

Reaction score
Did you take a look at your bad maf sensor ?
Mine was like a new no dust no oil thanks to volant filter
But when i cleaned the filter after the faults , there was like 500 gram of dust or maybe more in the filter too bad i didnt took a pic for it, maybe this blockage tripped the fuse , but why did this happen after i hit a small bump i still dont know why

Sgt Fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Gramercy Louisiana live in Biloxi Mississippi
My truck did the same thing and ford replaced the computer under the center console and it is now fixed. is there a chance you may have had a drink in the cup holder that could have spilled? that's what happened to mine. it was $1500 to fix but i got the extended warranty and only had to pay $100