2012 Raptor Water Leak (Passenger Side)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

djtech2k

Reaction score
OP
OP
D

djtech2k

Reaction score
It is the same hole that when to much rain/washing water goes into the vent holes under the wipers.

I just went and looked and I don't see anything like that in there. All I really see is a big ass motor lol. Seriously though, I do not see anything like that on the passenger side. The motor is so big that I cannot see anything behind it.

I am trying to figure out how to even test which thing is the issue, like this a/c drain, sunroof, satellite antennae, or rear break light.

I hate to take it to the dealer because they will charge me an arm and a leg, but I am running out of options if I cannot figure this out.

OP
OP
D

djtech2k

Reaction score
Ok, so its been a little while but I wanted to post back an update to this thread.

I took my truck to my local Ford dealer to have the leak found/fixed. After a few hours the service advisor tells me they mechanic found the leak in a grommet/hole in the firewall right behind the battery. The grommet/gasket was partially pushed in. Anyway, he said it would be like $330 for them to fix it. 1 hour to find it, 1 hour to fix, and 1 hour to test it again, at $110 per hour. I was miffed to say the least. I spoke to the mechanic to find out the details of where it was and then I told them to stop working on it.

So I had to pay $110 for an hour of labor and then I worked on it myself. There was an aftermarket audio system in the truck when I bought it and they ran a thin wire through that hole, but didn't make sure the rubber grommet was back in-place. It was a big pain to get to the whole thing, but I got it back in pace and I ran silicone around as much of it as I could reach. After a test with a water hose, no dripping I can see. Hopefully its not leaking anywhere else.

Now as I was troubleshooting, I now need a couple plastic parts. I can't seem to find them so far so figured I'd ask here. Not sure if I should create a new thread or not....

At bottom of the windshield there is that plastic cowl thing that goes from bottom of windshield to the hood. The windshield motors and under this thing. Anyway, there are a couple like "clips" or "latches" that help latch this thing down towards where the windshield meets with it. I broke a couple of them off trying to take it off. I need to buy a couple of thee clips.

The other part I need is the passenger side door sill plate. Its the plastic piece that you take off to get under the carpet on the passenger side. I just pulled it a little bit to get the clips to release, but at one point it is cracked bad. I guess I better replace it.

Any ideas where I can get these parts? So far my searches don't find what I need.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
after last nights rain storm i came out to water puddled on my passender weathertech and water dripping from the grab handle. long story short, the passenger drain tube was clogged. cleared it out and no more leak

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
after last nights rain storm i came out to water puddled on my passender weathertech and water dripping from the grab handle. long story short, the passenger drain tube was clogged. cleared it out and no more leak

Where is that drain tube at?

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where is that drain tube at?

There is one on each side. If you open the sunroof...From the top there are drain holes top side front left and right. The tubes pretty much start there and go down the A pillar. If you take off the sun visor you can pull down the headliner enough to see it

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At bottom of the windshield there is that plastic cowl thing that goes from bottom of windshield to the hood. The windshield motors and under this thing. Anyway, there are a couple like "clips" or "latches" that help latch this thing down towards where the windshield meets with it. I broke a couple of them off trying to take it off. I need to buy a couple of thee clips.

The other part I need is the passenger side door sill plate. Its the plastic piece that you take off to get under the carpet on the passenger side. I just pulled it a little bit to get the clips to release, but at one point it is cracked bad. I guess I better replace it.

Don't know if you can just buy the clips- probably need the whole part.
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...meT0yMDEyJnQ9c3Z0LXJhcHRvciZlPTYtMmwtdjgtZ2Fz

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...9MjAxMiZ0PXN2dC1yYXB0b3ImZT02LTJsLXY4LWdhcw==