2012 Raptor Water Leak (Passenger Side)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djtech2k

Reaction score
I just bought my 2012 Raptor this summer. A few weeks ago I went through a car wash and my passenger said there was water dripping on their feet. I looked and it was a steady drip. I originally thought it could be condensation on something A/C related, but once I saw the amount of water, it has to be a leak of some sort.

I did some searching on the internet and see a few mentions of many different leak issues. Its kinda difficult to sort thru them all because what I saw bounces all around to all sorts of issues.

So I am looking for some experience here. I saw several mentions of a known issue of a leak around the satellite antenna and/or water rolling down the pillar on the passenger side. The drip in mine is going onto passengers feet, so it has to be coming from under the dash somewhere. Could that still be the same leak?

I also saw mentions of sunroof leaks. I see nothing on my headliner so I hope its not my sunroof.

Whats the most likely cause and where should I start on this thing? Is this a common issue and is there an easy fix?

Thanks in Advance.

OP
OP
D

djtech2k

Reaction score
Update:

So I just went out to my truck to check it out more closely. I removed the A-Pillar plastic and handle. I also removed the visor on the passenger side. I wanted to see if I could see of feel water coming in. I put a new paper towel on the floor where it normally leaks.

I started putting water at the bottom of the windshield to make sure it wasn't a windshield leak at the bottom. Nothing. Then I moved up the windshield to the top corner. Nothing.

Then I out the water just behind the satellite antenna and let it run for a few. After a short period I saw a bunch of water on the towel. I pulled down the headliner a bit and saw or felt nothing wet.

So at this point IDK what is leaking or where its leaking. I saw a small black hose that looks like its coming from the sunroof that seems to go inside of the pillar, so I cannot see what happens to it.

Any ideas?

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sunroof drain hose. make sure it isn't clogged. pour water in the sunroof channel and see if it drains down the tube. don't let the water overrun the channel though.

OP
OP
D

djtech2k

Reaction score
Sunroof drain hose. make sure it isn't clogged. pour water in the sunroof channel and see if it drains down the tube. don't let the water overrun the channel though.

So you are saying that if it doesn't drain then its clogged, right? If that's the case, then how could that be running water on the passengers feet?

Where does that hose go? I see it going inside the pillar but can't trace it any further.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
usually it overruns the track and runs down the a pillar. have seen it on a few other trucks we service. try the water trick first. not saying for sure that's the problem but its a good start.

OP
OP
D

djtech2k

Reaction score
I just went and tried the water thing.

I poured water from a cup into the corner of the sunroof while it was open. The water immediately ran out and I could see and hear it coming out under the truck. I also poured some water on that corner with it closed but water seems to just run down the drain channel next to the windshield on the outside.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^^stick a long wire down that drain hose and clear all the debris out. Common problem with sunroof cars/trucks depending where they were parked. no big deal

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have water running out under the truck the drain is probably allright. I would now get someone on the outside with a water hose and water down the area around the windshield. get in the truck on the passenger side as the water is being applied. use a flashlight and look up under the dash. maybe remove the kick panel.

OP
OP
D

djtech2k

Reaction score
If you have water running out under the truck the drain is probably allright. I would now get someone on the outside with a water hose and water down the area around the windshield. get in the truck on the passenger side as the water is being applied. use a flashlight and look up under the dash. maybe remove the kick panel.

At this point, I am not sure where the water is coming from. I suppose it could still be the moonroof, it could be the satellite antenna, or something else. It has to be something going down the pillar or something else though. I do not see or feel anything wet around that area under the headliner.