2010 6.2l odd tranny issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor rick

Reaction score
hey guys new to the forum and have been searching around a for the issue i am having and have found a few similar issues but resulted not being my issue.

november 16 2016 4pm - i drove the truck to around 5 miles after warm up to make a payment drove fine on the way back i was sitting at a light when it turns green i started the go normally from a green light rolled about 5ft then felt like it shifted into second then nutral then felt like i got rear ended 5times back to back then ended up in like 3rd or fourth gear.Drove a few block to get to safe spot to pull over and ther truck downshifted to firts that it locked up the wheels to slow it down turned off the truck loocked around and did not see anything unusual so fired it back up and drove 35miles home with no issues. at this time i noticed i am no longer under warranty.

november 18 2016 7am - started it up and warmed it up as i usually do drove a few blocks then again it kinda shifted but then back to netral then bang 3rd gear i belive and stayed there. got to a red light when taking off it was still in 3rd gear never down shifted so i drove back home and noticed my speedo was at 0mph but i was doing around 40mph also my gas guage said i had 1/2 tank of gas but my display read --- MILES TO E FUEL LEVEL LOW also tranny temp was normal so after i noticed this i pulled over turned off the truck and started it and everything reset and drove to work and back 70miles round trip without issues.

december 23 2016 7am driving normal got on the gas to kick down to pass a slow truck and felt like it shifted back and forth between 4th and 5th maybe 2nd at one point since it locked the back tires for a quick second after that drove find the rest of the way to work about 20miles.

sorry for long explenation just wanted to make sure i documented every detail btw no check engine or codes were stored either as that was the first thing we checked. thanks in advance

OP
OP
R

raptor rick

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/pVftYBH9AQU here is the issue i am having called up most of my local ford dealers in reguards to the bulletin and they all pretty much did not care even after I told them the truck down shifted so hard and locked up the rear tires that I got bumped from behind maybe now that it's a hazard maybe I got their attention well no they still don't care called up the hotline same thing they cant do anything cause I'm 2k miles outta warranty.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Yesterday the issue popped up twice the first time I only had 1st gear so I turned off the truck turned it back on and got all gears working again 10 miles down wrench is displayed all numbers on display turn into dashes ------ no cel but still I scanned and got po720 again I cycled the ignition off then back on and everything was back to normal drove home 34miles later that day with no issues. This morning again stuck in 1st so left the truck at home and bought the lead frame and tranny filter and oil since I'm already there why not replace will post update and hope it is all well.

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sounds like the TCM is shooting shit? i am still in the middle of doing my research on these trucks.

with all the electronics that are effected, you should take it in.

edit, i looked up your code and its for the speed sensor, unless i completely ****** that lookup up. it may fix all of your issues.
everything that you describe sounds like the truck doesnt know what the wheels and trans are doing.

i do have a question though, have you done any research at all into this?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

raptor rick

Reaction score
sounds like the TCM is shooting shit? i am still in the middle of doing my research on these trucks.

with all the electronics that are effected, you should take it in.

edit, i looked up your code and its for the speed sensor, unless i completely ****** that lookup up. it may fix all of your issues.
everything that you describe sounds like the truck doesnt know what the wheels and trans are doing.

i do have a question though, have you done any research at all into this?

Well there is a recall on the lead frame connector and it describes exactly what I am experiencing the dashes , Speedo not work in at it says po720 may or may not be stored and to correct the problem they must replace the lead frame which I have bought from the stealership.

Attachments

• 20170202_102503.jpg
    20170202_102503.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 38

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TSB is for '11+ so your SOL on that. Check your harness on the drivers frame rail, also connectors on the trans body and at the ECU.

OP
OP
R

raptor rick

Reaction score
Well just an update replaced the main lead frame along with trans filter and oil and well the issue I was having has not popped up but then again it would do it every now and then I could not provoke it but I am very confident it's been repaired also the shifting has improved substantially I would get the semi harsh down shift into eighther 2nd or 1st while in stop n go traffic and now it's gone has a very smooth down shift without the jerk so at the moment I'm kinda in love with my raptor again but it the tranny problems comes back it's getting traded in.