Trail pinstriping removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
so when you buff scratches out of the clear coat, are you stripping the clear coat off the paint? is there anyway to "rebuild" clear coat?

Sorry man...I missed your post.

Yes, in order to remove the scratches, you have to remove the portion of the clear coat that contains the scratch. Good news is that clear coats are pretty hard, and moderate pinstriping or swirls are often only a small portion of the overall thickness of the clear coat. Deeper scratches may require the removal of more clear coat, but only the worst will be all the way through the clear coat and, therefore, not fixable by polishing.

The only way to add more clear coat is a re-spray at the body shop.

Your advertising here paid off as I just placed my first order for $398. You're videos are really good and I learned a lot. I've never tried Adams car washing products but the reviews on your site and around the net are very good. The %15 Labor day sale was a bonus and I bought even more then I planned on. I got so in to your videos I had to stop and go get a 6 pack to really take more time to enjoy them all :)

I'm most excited about trying the Adams wheel and tired cleaning kit I bought. Wheels are such a bitch to clean but your kit with brushes makes it look easy and thorough.

How often do you run these sales?

BTW, I almost bought the Cyclo, I will be back for that later. I almost bought if off Amazon for a better price until I found one of your videos that showed the difference of your Cycle from store bought. You should point out those differences on your site, it makes it worth the extra price, such as the 15 ft cord instead of 9' and the different rubber backing wheel. The info under the cyclo does not point that out, I found it under one of your older videos you were polishing a black car in a showroom.

One more suggestion, I really wanted your new car wash & wax but there was no combo deal with the foam sprayer so I had to settle for the car shampoo. I got the impression the wash and wax was better. I will try it when my gallon of car shampoo is gone :)

Anyway, good stuff. Time for me to stop going to the DIY car washes with my Audi's and detail at home :) Raptor coming soon!

Thanks for your business, I'm glad you decided to give our products a try!

Sale frequency varies, but I would say maybe an average would be twice a month. The sale details, like % off or freebies will vary. Most often, any holiday is a great reason to have a sale!

Good point on the difference between our version of the Cyclo Polisher and the standard one available at other retailers. As you figured out, our backing plates are unique to fit our pads, and the longer cord is a plus.

I expect some of the combos to show up with the Foam Cannon and Foam Gun soon.

Thanks again!

-Dan