Raptor Cover - Rust !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

My SCAB is only 2 months old and less than 1000 miles with no serious off roading yet. Was shocked recently to see that there is a lot of rust underneath. If the rusting continues like this - especially when I will take it off roading - then I do not see this truck lasting too much! What kind of metal FoMoCo is using in this truck? Any advise what to do? Plus I always wash it thouroughly when going off road and coming back home.

Also - does anybody have any knowledge where to buy a Raptor All Weather Cover? So far I checked several places but all have only for standard F-150.

Best,
GT

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unprotected A36 carbon steel will show signs of surface rust within a day when exposed to the elements.

What exactly is rusting on the truck?

If it is the under body, contact clkelly at synthetic motorsports and get some HDMP (heavy duty metal protectant). Do a search on here for it, many guys are using it with great results.

Protect your Raptor!

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

My SCAB is only 2 months old and less than 1000 miles with no serious off roading yet. Was shocked recently to see that there is a lot of rust underneath. If the rusting continues like this - especially when I will take it off roading - then I do not see this truck lasting too much! What kind of metal FoMoCo is using in this truck? Any advise what to do? Plus I always wash it thouroughly when going off road and coming back home.

Also - does anybody have any knowledge where to buy a Raptor All Weather Cover? So far I checked several places but all have only for standard F-150.

Best,
GT

If it makes you feel any better, the rust is probably just superficial. If you take a wire brush to any area you can get to, you'll show bare metal after a couple of strokes.

BTW, I still have an '86 F-150 that after 275k miles in the harsh Sierra Nevada mountains is still running strong, rust and all. There is only one rear quarter panel that is showing a few pot marks in the paint where rust is located the size of 2" x 2". No big deal. The underside is and always has shown the superficial rust.

Too Close for Missiles, Switching to Guns!