First wash, looking to buy some washing tool/equipment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I want to wash the Raptor before it starts getting too cold out. I've obviously washed a car before haha....But my old truck was already scratched and dinged when I bought it....I've never had a nice truck to wash!

SO my question is what really should I be looking to get?

I'd like to try this 2 bucket system everyone talks about that seems like a smart thing to do. I've also seen suggestions for product to use on here. I figure I'd get some car shampoo, maybe some wax not that I would really know what to use or do there.

Another reason I made this post is I see these foam guns/cannons. Is a power washer a bad idea? If not what brands/psi max do you guys suggest I use on a vehicle? I'll take any help I can get! thanks!

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Adam's car wash for my truck. I know there are some that use a zaneo product but since I had my truck wrapped with xpel paint protection I have just used the Adam's products, plus they are a supporting vendor.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are ready to step your wash game up!

We offer a nice little 2 Bucket Kit that will get you everything you need to perform a wash from start to finish. Buckets, grit guards, shampoo, wash pads, detail spray, and drying towels.

You can find it here:

Adam's Complete 2 Bucket Wash Kit

523.jpg

Don't forget to use the forum discount when you order, it saves you even more money!

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Power washer is a BIG plus with a big truck. I prefer gas powered, much better unless you pay big bucks for higher end electric. Honda engine is a plus, because you know they are well built. 3000 psi washer is nice, you will be using the mildest spray end, so it's not that much pressure. Foam Cannon it great.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i use adams. go with what Nick from adams suggested. i run adams shampoo thru my mtm foam cannon(power by a power washer) it works great! u should also get yourself some adams quick sealer, brilliant glaze, and a wax. get some vrt also. this will give u enough to do a basic exterior detail and will make your baby shine!

check out the adams site for packages that include all this. that will save u a few bucks then u can use the forum discount on top of that.

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adams, foam canon, costco electric power washer and a master blaster, cant go wrong and no watet spots.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
T

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great tips guys! It seems less scary now.

I did have a question about the foam canons. they wont work on the type of power washer that has the adjustable tip right? they go into the quick connect style?

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the MTM foam gun I have uses the standard quick conect, im not sure what other options exist.

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NP,, when I get home ill post the model numbers, etc. I like to detail the raptor so I went a little ovetboard with equipment ;)