Caring for Blue Accent Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armoredveh

Reaction score
I'm about a month away from getting my truck, which I ordered with the blue accent option. I hesitated getting this package because I was concerned that the blue in the seats would soil easily and sooner than the rest of the leather, but I did it anyway since I never heard about any problems.

With that said, and for those of you who have the blue accent option, how is the color holding up? Does it look "darker" or more soilded than the other seats that aren't used as often? Also, are more careful when cleaning/conditioning the seats because of the blue leather? Any cleaning tips would be appreciated.

TIA, Bill Shaw

fletch74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blue part of the seats are not leather. If getting dirty or faded is a concern put a seat cover on them or carry a spare towel under the rear seat.

OP
OP
armoredveh

armoredveh

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation...clearly I haven't seen it in person. ;-)

With THAT said, what's the best way to clean the blue fabric?

OP
OP
armoredveh

armoredveh

Reaction score
That reminds me of the scene from Pulp Fiction when Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta have to clean out the inside of their car due to an accidental discharge.

Back to the matter at hand, I guess I should assume by the lack of responses to my question that keeping the blue clean isn't an issue. If so, that's good news (it's either that or this isn't a popular option).

OP
OP
armoredveh

armoredveh

Reaction score
Fletch,

I do have a seat cover on order for this reason. Thanks. But if I had the black cloth inserts, i'd be a lot less concerned when it came time to cleaning/conditioning the seats in the event some Lexol made its way from the rag onto the blue fabric -- the black won't show the "spot" whereas the blue probably will.