Anyone use FW1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok, so yeah..... the dude with a stand at the gas station got me... did a lil demo, and what impressed me most was how it did with the windows, and he kept upping the bundle and throwing in more cans of the stuff, figued **** it, ill give it a try and worse comes to worse, ill use it only on the windows on the truck and in the house. he cleaned the window and i could smear my hand across it and left no prints or anything....

ima start off and say sorry, no i didnt get before and after pics... i didnt think of it at the time, and didnt think of posting this until a lil bit ago when i was outside with the neighbor and how well the truck was shining in the sunset. Boss Hoss is gonna hate me for this i know, just for even considering this product lol.

anyway, i didnt use it as directed... its supposed to be a waterless car wash in a can type thing.... **** that, i washed my truck and then i was just gonna use this on the windows, but then i got adventerous and did part of the exterior as well.

the windows, did amazing! you spray it, let it sit a minute, wipe with a normal towel, then buff with a microfiber. i didnt do any vinyl on the the truck, so no bed or hood graphics, just in case. so i did the doors and the front of the hood and headlights. i wasnt expecting much, but wow, looks damn good! im sure clay bar and full wax will look better, but for the little work i did, im damn impressed!

ill try and remember to get a look at it tomorrow and take some pics if the sun is shining (and im not too hung over).

go easy on me Hoss........

edit: heres there website. http://www.fw1shine.com/

Last edited:
OP
OP
JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
snapped some pics. that damn dandilion white fuzz is flying everywhere, but not much of it on the truck.

9batr6.jpg

34j2dkh.jpg

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that the spraycan stuff they sell that does interior/exterior/windows/tires, the whole shebang basically. If so, I have some, but haven't used it cause I get lazy and like the drive in powerwash bays.

OP
OP
JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that the spraycan stuff they sell that does interior/exterior/windows/tires, the whole shebang basically. If so, I have some, but haven't used it cause I get lazy and like the drive in powerwash bays.

yeah kinda, the have other stuff too for tires, for carpet n cloth, and then an interior dash n stuff. the one i used said for any metal, glass or fiberglass surface type thing. i got like 5 cans of the surface and ove of each of the other 3 and a pack of microfiber cloths for like $85. first time i tried it i did it on my mirros in the bathroom and did a real nice job. i was gonna try the tire shine, but i forgot.

Damn the truck is shinny as a new penny...

why thank you!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like a polish but says it is a wax...either way it looks good an my need to invest in some...what is in it?

OP
OP
JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
says its a combination of lubricants and carnuba wax. the can just says petrolium distilates... :shrug:

i got it from some kid at a stand they had at the gas station, much much cheaper than the price on their website. i got the 4 pack kit, 4 extra cans of the FW1 and cloths for $85, they sell just that 4pack kit on the site for $133. amazon has a seller selling a 12 pack of the wash n wax for $110 Fw1 Cleaning Waterless Wash & Wax with Carambula - Amazon.com that one seems worth it to me.

oh yeah, i did have some road tar specs on the rockers that washing couldnt get off..... this stuff took it off.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Safe for paint and gel coat? Does it bead water...

You might want to find the kid tomorrow and stock up....

OP
OP
JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
havent gotten it wet yet, so dunno if it beads. uhm... how can you sell a car wash and have it not safe for paint? but yes it says for painted surfaces. gel coat? no clue.... it should be fine for the graphics, but i didnt do them just to err on the side of caution. yeah if i see em at the gas station again ill grab some more, he did give me his number too on the reciept, i should check and make sure its in the box.....

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell *****, I would thinking about ordering some...I might try the tire cleaner too...

Keeping my glass clean is an ass pain...

I would be hesitant to try in on the vinyl...