SCT Tuner with 5 Star tuning for sale.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going another route if someone is interested in the tuner for $300.00. Has 91 Octane tune and you can add global spark to run 93 if you wants. No issues with it but am going to go with a custom dyno tune.

D

Deleted member 12951

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't these programmed with your TPTO and the tunes will not work on another truck? Also is this the X4 or X3?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't these programmed with your TPTO and the tunes will not work on another truck? Also is this the X4 or X3?

correct on the TPTO... cannot be used on another truck. Have to purchase tunes from 5 star.

mberger111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the cost of buying just custom tunes from 5 Star? I'd be interested if it's less the total cost is less than buying a new tuner with custom tunes.

OP
OP
T

TAZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is the tune files are specific for the ECM files but once returned to stock it should validate the seed and key from another ECM and lock the tuner to that one but maybe these are different. This is for a 2013 CC/SS 6.2L.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My understanding is the tune files are specific for the ECM files but once returned to stock it should validate the seed and key from another ECM and lock the tuner to that one but maybe these are different. This is for a 2013 CC/SS 6.2L.

That is how it works with the preloaded tunes from SCT but not with the tuning from 5Star. The tuning from 5Star is specific to the VIN# and ECM code of the truck they were prepared for. The buyer could use the preloaded SCT tunes, but would have to purchase new tuning from 5Star to have the custom tuning files work with their truck.

Also, you can tune your truck and return it to stock five times before the module is locked permanently and you have to contact SCT to have it unlocked or attempt to follow the instructions in the link below and see if that works.
How do I unlock my tuner? - SCT SupportSuite

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ill give you $200 plus shipping as it sits right now . Can paypal the money in minutes . Let me know . Figured its worth a shot