GEN 2 SYNC 3 and it's lazy design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that the screen doesn't appear to fit the opening gets under my skin. Why have a cheap 1" plastic bezel around a "high end" head unit in this day and age? Lazy design execution IMO.
Now that's a different animal. The interior of the raptor is cheap and plasticky for a premium vehicle with a premium trim level.

The leather on the seats isn't supple. The dash is all plastic. The trim pieces on the door are spray painted grey and are genuinely sandpaper rough and look horribly cheap. I've considered a wood trim kit but that may just look tacky and stuck on.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Now that's a different animal. The interior of the raptor is cheap and plasticky for a premium vehicle with a premium trim level.

The leather on the seats isn't supple. The dash is all plastic. The trim pieces on the door are spray painted grey and are genuinely sandpaper rough and look horribly cheap. I've considered a wood trim kit but that may just look tacky and stuck on.

IKR. Ford needs to step up.

I feel for you Guy, in fact, I hate to see a dissatisfied forum member.

I’ll give you $300 for your raptor.
Tree fiddy if you include the sub & speakers.

:flipthebird:

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IKR. Ford needs to step up.

I feel for you Guy, in fact, I hate to see a dissatisfied forum member.

I’ll give you $300 for your raptor.
Tree fiddy if you include the sub & speakers.

:flipthebird:
Keep dreaming!

I didn't buy that baby for a smooth good looking interior! But genuinely there is room for improvement... but unlike the original poster I'm not disappointed with the sync 3.

I'm all fairness though it is a pickup truck and it wasn't until the last decade that we really saw any interior luxuries... so I can't complain too much.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol..:sync two was about as slow as the 6.2 in my raptor. It was colorful but that's about the only attribute that I can think of that it had over the three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow i always though it was a MS product as well. This explains why it's so terrible [emoji23] Built by an out of date, out of touch, tech company

FYI as of 2015 over 50 million vehicles use the QNX operating system. The VW group, Mercedes, Toyota, BMW, GM, the FCA group, the JLR group and Ford are the main users of the QNX operating system

Blackberry (RIM) only acquired and later on developed the company

The OEMs are given the freedom to design the GUI, the main OS is very versatile

The issue is with FORD not designing a proper GUI

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI as of 2015 over 50 million vehicles use the QNX operating system. The VW group, Mercedes, Toyota, BMW, GM, the FCA group, the JLR group and Ford are the main users of the QNX operating system

Blackberry (RIM) only acquired and later on developed the company

The OEMs are given the freedom to design the GUI, the main OS is very versatile

The issue is with FORD not designing a proper GUI

Yea just because a ton of people use it doesn't mean it's not ****** [emoji23]