Another Stereo Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IronRaptor

Reaction score
Just got my new 2017 Raptor and wanted to do a build that I would enjoy. I am in the middle of it so here a re a few pictures. I am running low on time (retiring from Air Force and driving down to lower 48 from Alaska in 2 weeks) so I think I will eventually just have to shove everything in there.

The Subwoofer is from a company called FI in Las Vegas and has 7" mounting depth. It will go under the rear seat that I lifted with the LMI lift seat lift kit.

I am not replacing the deck with the Kenwood in the photo. I have the PAC adapter, but would really like to use the forscan method, however none of the threads show how to wire the RCA's in. I know everyone points to this thread Variable Line Level Preamp Outputs From ACM (Factory Radio) For Amplifier Upgrades but that wiring is not the same in my Ford Sony system, any ideas?

Will update when I can.

Attachments

• 20170812_181653.jpg
    20170812_181653.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 20170624_153121_HDR.jpg
    20170624_153121_HDR.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 20170819_144036.jpg
    20170819_144036.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 20170823_161316.jpg
    20170823_161316.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 106
  • 20170823_161258.jpg
    20170823_161258.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
OP
OP
IronRaptor

IronRaptor

Reaction score
Like the A Pillars. What are you running there?
Audiofrog GB 15 and GB25. It is the first time I have ever built A pillars and it was interesting. Funny enough I am having more issues with finishing them then building them.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Stick with the pac
Yes I am going to do that. I bought the optional TOSlink so I am running a digital signal to my Helix. Should work out alright.

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous. That glass work looks ridiculous, especially for your first go at it - can't wait to see them finished.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update

Just got my new 2017 Raptor and wanted to do a build that I would enjoy. I am in the middle of it so here a re a few pictures. I am running low on time (retiring from Air Force and driving down to lower 48 from Alaska in 2 weeks) so I think I will eventually just have to shove everything in there.

The Subwoofer is from a company called FI in Las Vegas and has 7" mounting depth. It will go under the rear seat that I lifted with the LMI lift seat lift kit.

I am not replacing the deck with the Kenwood in the photo. I have the PAC adapter, but would really like to use the forscan method, however none of the threads show how to wire the RCA's in. I know everyone points to this thread Variable Line Level Preamp Outputs From ACM (Factory Radio) For Amplifier Upgrades but that wiring is not the same in my Ford Sony system, any ideas?

Will update when I can.

Any more pics?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrap those pillars in coordinating Alcantara. It'll make the sanding a little more forgiving and it'll look premium.... more so than painting them.

Will update when I can.

naamanf

Reaction score
Wrap those pillars in coordinating Alcantara. It'll make the sanding a little more forgiving and it'll look premium.... more so than painting them.

I'm not so sure how well those will wrap given the location of the oh-shit handles.

Should be able to use SEM texture and trim paint to give them a very OEM look.

Good to see the GB25s fit well in that location, I was also considering using them with Sinfoni tweeters in the same locations.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about that too when I posted it...

But I've seen really nice jobs where the alcantara is wrapped around and the handle is done in a separate piece with with stitching on the handle.

I'm not so sure how well those will wrap given the location of the oh-shit handles.

Should be able to use SEM texture and trim paint to give them a very OEM look.

Good to see the GB25s fit well in that location, I was also considering using them with Sinfoni tweeters in the same locations.