Need Help with Baja Designs S2 Back Up Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWB001

Reaction score
Ok, so I think I am dumb and maybe coor blind. Installing the BD S2 back up kit and hav equestions.

1. How does the wire splice connector work? I think maybe something is missing that the white wire plugs into.

2. It call out to splice a green wire with brown stripe. If I have the correct connector it appears that there are 4 wires, but the green one seems to have a blue stripe.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, photos, etc.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 63
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

gyrotech

Reaction score
It's not a wire spliced, it's a bullet connector. What I did is take a piece of 14 gauge wire, use a tap in splicer and hook it up to the wire on the harness. Then get a female bullet connector crimp it on the wire you spliced in and plug it in. You'll probably have to crush down the bullet connector to make it work.

That looks like the wrong harness (but maybe mines different?) My wire was kind of in the middle of the harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmythehead

Reaction score
That's definitely the wrong connector. You have to take the taillight out and spice into that harness. Mine had more wires than that.

OP
OP
S

SWB001

Reaction score
Thanks I was thinking that. Would have though the tap in connector would have came with the kit.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Did you guys get access to the tail light wiring from underneath or by removing tail light cover.

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came with everything needed to complete the job, including the tap in connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gyrotech

Reaction score
Thanks I was thinking that. Would have though the tap in connector would have came with the kit.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Did you guys get access to the tail light wiring from underneath or by removing tail light cover.

Removed the cover. Two bolts. Takes no time at all to remove.

I'd like to see a pic of the tap in connector if possible. Too late for me but might be useful for the next guy.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Removed the cover. Two bolts. Takes no time at all to remove.

I'd like to see a pic of the tap in connector if possible. Too late for me but might be useful for the next guy.

Curious what this tap in connector looks like myself.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
41A3X04PU-L._SX425_.jpg

Here is a sample photo of the included splice connector. You have to insert the white wire (with bullet connector) into the female sleeve on the black connector.
From there you can splice into the Green wire with Brown Stripe. The connection should be made at the taillight with the light removed from the vehicle.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. If your kit didn't include the splice connector I will happily send another out. If you don't want to wait, they can be found at most auto parts stores for very cheap.

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs