Need advice on lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We sell the Ford Raptor Lights triple light bezel kit along with Baja Designs.

I find most folks go with either the FRL Kit + 2 pairs of Baja Designs Squadron Pro lights (the FRL kit COMES with a pair of KC HiLITES, so you just need 2 more pairs).

OR

You can buy the Baja Designs Raptor kit (which is my personal preference). It includes everything you need and has a meaner look.

Both are great kits.

The FRL kit gives you that factory look while the Baja Designs kits give you a meaner look since it's all open.

With either kit I'd high recommend going with Baja Designs for the lights.

We can help you build this out. Chev picked up the FRL + Baja Designs lights from us a few months back as have some others.

If you shoot me a PM I can help you pick out the perfect lights to go with the FRL Kit.

The Baja Designs Kits are here, these kits work straight outta the box: LED Auxiliary Lights - Baja Designs - Raptor Lighting Kits - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

The FRL Kit is here: 2017 Ford Raptor Triple Fog Light Bezel Kit w/KC HiLITES Flex Lights - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

You have to buy 2 additional pairs of lights and that's where you need to decide which you want. I'd recommend Squadron Pros for both. One in Spot and the other in Driving/Combo:

LED Auxiliary Lights - Baja Designs - Squadron Pro - Page 1 - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that if you drive in the snow led lights will not melt anything that covers the lights. I am rethinking what to use on my new truck. I had great lights on my 2012 but in the snow they were basically useless

You know that's true however the actual casing of the lights get pretty warm. So I would imagine that they wouldn't freeze up, covered with snow. Don't really know yet because I haven't taken them in the snow. But when I aimed them with them being on, they were pretty warm. Just something to consider...

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know that's true however the actual casing of the lights get pretty warm. So I would imagine that they wouldn't freeze up, covered with snow. Don't really know yet because I haven't taken them in the snow. But when I aimed them with them being on, they were pretty warm. Just something to consider...

Well I have a 50in on top, a 30in, 20in and 2 8in in the front bumper and in snow they never performed to max in snow. 3 minutes in a snow storm and the light output was my guess was 20%. I would stop clean them off and 3 minutes later covered.

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a set from raptor lights with the vision x amber glow cannons to run as DRL's to match your existing lights . And when on back roads you can turn on full beam for visibility

92cb75fb258053d1ae4ced38fe69690a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have few thousand to spend on lights if needed, but all I want is some in the front bumper and couple on rear bumper, I will be Useing them mostly for when I go camping at the atv park and stuff. I would like to have one light on each side of front bumper I can run as fog lights when driving. So you can fit 3 lights in each side of the bumper so I'm not sure what lights will work good. I've looked at the radiance kit that's for sale and I think it will work, also be nice to have the amber back lighting they come with for when I'm just running park lights.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd just recommend the Baja Designs kits then. You get 3 lights that get wired up to 3 different switches. So you get to pick/choose what lights are on at any time. They fit in the factory opening on your front bumper

LED Auxiliary Lights - Baja Designs - Raptor Lighting Kits - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

It's direct plug and play. They also have a reverse kit and a 30" grille kit in that link as well which give you the wiring for your upfitters so you use your existing upfitter switches to control it all.

The amber back lighting looks neat and all but I'd go with a higher quality kit then Rigid. Spend the money once, never look back. I'm selling my old 40" Rigid RDS because I reaplced it with a 40" Baja Designs OnX6. I wsn't getting as much light output from the Rigid. Now I have dual colors which are great (amber/white) REALLY lights up the road in bad weather with those ambers.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd just recommend the Baja Designs kits then. You get 3 lights that get wired up to 3 different switches. So you get to pick/choose what lights are on at any time. They fit in the factory opening on your front bumper

LED Auxiliary Lights - Baja Designs - Raptor Lighting Kits - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

It's direct plug and play. They also have a reverse kit and a 30" grille kit in that link as well which give you the wiring for your upfitters so you use your existing upfitter switches to control it all.

The amber back lighting looks neat and all but I'd go with a higher quality kit then Rigid. Spend the money once, never look back. I'm selling my old 40" Rigid RDS because I reaplced it with a 40" Baja Designs OnX6. I wsn't getting as much light output from the Rigid. Now I have dual colors which are great (amber/white) REALLY lights up the road in bad weather with those ambers.

My bd kit has 3 sets of lights that get wired to only 2 switches??

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
3 switches actually Smoke... you COULD wire them to 2 switches but you normally would put each of the 3 pairs of lights on their own switch

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 switches actually Smoke... you COULD wire them to 2 switches but you normally would put each of the 3 pairs of lights on their own switch

The Baja harness is made to hook up the cubes on one switch and the s2’s on another. You could, of course, modify

The big difference between the fordraptorlights.com and Baja is the look. The Baja lights are bolted on with a simple bracket. The ford raptorlights.com kit is MUCH more extensive. The other difference is the Kc flex light as compared with the Baja s2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk