Any help with wiring a wiring harness into upfitter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pankster

Reaction score
I am attempting to use a rigid wiring harness for my 40” lightbar, I have to somehow incorporate it into the upfitter. I have the harness ran to positive and negative. What should I do with the 3 wires connected to the switch that came with the harness. I assume one or a combination should tie in to the upfitter switch? Any help

Another question I have is, can I just wire the lightbar into an upfitter? It’s a rigid 40” RDS, would aux 1 or 2 have enough amps?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t know the wattage of that bar, but instructions should tell you either wattage or tell you directly the current draw. If it’s close to the edge of the amperage of your up fitter, use a relay.

You won’t need the switch of the harness if you’re using the up fitter switch to turn on the light bar. The lighting forum has a bunch of posts on wiring with a relay.

OP
OP
P

Pankster

Reaction score
I figure it out, on this particular rigid harness you connect the blue wire from the switch to the upfitter. Everything is working great! Thanks

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Looking good ! what kind of bumper?