Wheel locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine had a set of Ford wheel locks from the dealership when I bought it. They are chrome and they look fine. I removed them when I switched to black wheels with black Gorilla spline lugs.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate wheel locks.

Any time I have ever had them on a car they are more trouble than they are worth. You get a flat, now you have to try and find the key.

Ask yourself this, where do you think most people will store the key? In their car, of course. You wouldn't want to be stranded with a flat and not able to change a tire because you left the key at home right?

Any car thief is going to come to the same logical conclusion, so what do you think they are going to do? Smash your windows and rummage through your truck until they find it and then steal your wheels anyway.

I'd rather just take the chance that they will steal the wheels without smashing my windows and not have to deal with the hassle of having locking lugs.

YMMV

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel locks are pointless, they do not stop wheel thief’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have wheel locks on their truck?
What kind, how do you like them?

I bought the black gorilla lugs with 1 set of black gorilla locks to go with my oem black wheels. Didn't really care for the chrome lugs on black wheels that ford decided to go with.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought the black gorilla lugs with 1 set of black gorilla locks to go with my oem black wheels. Didn't really care for the chrome lugs on black wheels that ford decided to go with.
Which part number did you get? I'd like to keep the same wrench size at 13/16" (21 mm) but all I've seen are the 7/8" wrench size for the 14mm x 2.0RH
@Yukon Joe