Tailgate Slams Open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lightman02

Reaction score
I've seen on You Tube videos of the tailgate going down slowly when released from the key fob button. However mines doesn't go down slowly, pretty much drops at full force when I open it. I assume it should be damped by a shock or something? Is it adjustable?

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres a shock in your tail light area if you have the tailgate popper on your keyfob. Sounds like its In-Op. Take it in for warranty.

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the soft-drop is an option only with the remote (fob) release. Therefore, if you don't have that option, your tailgate will not have that shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

lightman02

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the soft-drop is an option only with the remote (fob) release. Therefore, if you don't have that option, your tailgate will not have that shock.

I do have the (fob) release option, so I should have the shock.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's an option. I think is with the tech package or 802a.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shocks are easy to install get the ford one it goes behind the passenger side tail light. 55 bucks online. I did mine (801a)

Dweise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see that as an option on either 802a or in the tech package. I could be wrong though