Question for all you Leadfoot Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
I am considering a new 18 Leadfoot Supercrew and although I love the looks of the color I am a little concerned about how bad paint swirls and light scratching will show on a non-metallic color. I have seen several trucks in Lithium Gray and most seem to show more that what I would consider normal wear for as old as the trucks are. I am an absolute nut about my vehicles staying clean and looking nice so this may be a deciding factor in whether I buy now or wait to see what the 2019 color is. Any of you guys care to comment on how the Leadfoot is holding up?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine looks fine, I think it all depends on the care you give to your truck in the end.

If you don't want swirls I recommend staying far far away from black. Leadfoot isn't as bad.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
Mine looks fine, I think it all depends on the care you give to your truck in the end.

If you don't want swirls I recommend staying far far away from black. Leadfoot isn't as bad.

Black looks awesome for about 45 seconds after you wash it and then it's dirty again so no chance I would consider black. Really the only color I like on the '18 is Leadfoot which is why I ask the question. I appreciate your input. How long have you had yours?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Black looks awesome for about 45 seconds after you wash it and then it's dirty again so no chance I would consider black. Really the only color I like on the '18 is Leadfoot which is why I ask the question. I appreciate your input. How long have you had yours?
Since early November. Still pretty new, so not really weathered but I know from the dealer they can come covered in rail dust and swirl marks and mine was clean and shiny, little to no paint imperfections!

I think your best bet would be leadfoot or white or magnetic if you're worried about scratching. My buddy had a blue 2013 and I could see swirls like crazy, same goes for red.

My white 2013 with 100k miles has tons of swirls from over the years but it really doesn't show them unless you go looking! Same goes for a buddies silver 13!

OP
OP
N

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
I suspect there is more than 1 Leadfoot owner on this site. Anyone else care to share their experience?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine offroading yesterday and after a thurough steam pressure wash it looked like new again! I know it's me again but I guess if it helps it helps!

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't notice anything different about leadfoot over any other grey vehicle I've had. If you are really concerned about swirls and light scratches get a white Raptor.

BrettLF

Reaction score
Had mine since late October. I drove about 3 hours to the dealer to look at it in person not knowing if i would like the color or not. I had money down on a 17 Ruby Red at the time ( Had a recall so could not leave the lot ), was waiting over a month and a half at the time.

When i got to the dealership the beast sat in the showroom. A few hours later i was on my way home with it and my wife following me. Got back, cancelled the 17 Ruby red and been happy since. It could probably use a little paint correction come spring but as far as swirls and scratches its holding up well.

Here is a shot after a bath to get all that nasty salt off from the first snowfall.

Attachments

• 18 Raptor Side.jpg
    18 Raptor Side.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 226
OP
OP
N

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
Had mine since late October. I drove about 3 hours to the dealer to look at it in person not knowing if i would like the color or not. I had money down on a 17 Ruby Red at the time ( Had a recall so could not leave the lot ), was waiting over a month and a half at the time.

When i got to the dealership the beast sat in the showroom. A few hours later i was on my way home with it and my wife following me. Got back, cancelled the 17 Ruby red and been happy since. It could probably use a little paint correction come spring but as far as swirls and scratches its holding up well.

Here is a shot after a bath to get all that nasty salt off from the first snowfall.
That is a badass truck! I would like to have the same exterior loom as yours.....exterior and hood graphics with the beadlock wheels. Great choice and thanks for the reply!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk