GEN 2 Permanent ORV Flag Mount Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umichscoots

Reaction score
I live near Silver Lake and I want to have a permanent ORV flag mount with quick release.

I was thinking about creating an L-shaped bracket out of some 0.25" x 1.5" stainless steel and mounting it to one of the front bumper fasteners shown here:
it5tqIG.png

I'd then dremel a 0.25" x 1.5" hole into the front bumper cover so that the bracket could slide through easily, and mount one of these quick release flag mounts to it.

I was wondering what you all think of my plan, am I crazy to do this?

Edit, it would come through something like this when complete:
DG0wofa.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
umichscoots

umichscoots

Reaction score
To bad you couldn't mount it to the tow hook somehow

Tow hook flag mounts aren't permanent and it makes it so that your hook cannot be used without risk of ripping the flag off. This is the only other easily accessible place I've found with a study enough mounting area to do it. And, if I don't like it, that front bumper cover is inexpensive to replace.

Last edited:

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool idea. I laser scanned that area with the cover off. I'll see if I can doodle up something in cad tonight.

What flag are you using? Or what diameter hole would you need?

I'm about 100 miles from Silver Lake btw. Can't wait to head over there.

Last edited:

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done

Works sweet. Had to test it out this week. Made it out of 3/16 stainless steel. I made a long one and a short one. The long one is in the pics at the dunes and with the cover off. The short one would have worked (the pic in my garage... sideways for some reason). Need to make one half way between the two (goldilocks syndrome).

Got a quote on the plastic piece that you need to put the slot in. $65

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_5196.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5284.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_5196.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5284.jpg

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just snagged the stickywhips suction cup setup for my rear window. Less chance of the flag hitting my paint too.