Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ftroop

Reaction score
So I got the bass boat out of storage and finally towed with the new raptor. I must say it towed great, very confident handling and the power was well enough to get the job done. Only concern was the wide hips of these girls. Those fenders take up a a lot of mirror space and I'm starting to consider tow mirrors. I tow a lot and backing up a boat in the small curvy boat launch can be tricky when u cant see where your going to well.
I also have a camper and did love the wide tow mirrors my 7.3L had...
Thoughts on this???

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At least one person has swapped the regular F150 tow mirrors onto a raptor, there is a thread if you search I think.

Raptoe13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a set of tow mirrors on mine. Plug and play except a few differences with the tow vs stock mirrors. Tow mirrors don't have puddle lights, but the lower side clearance light on the tow mirrors function for that. The top light functions for the external blinker. I haven't hooked up the power extend, but found I haven't really needed it. You can extend it manually if needed. Rear vision is much better with the tow mirrors. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460990060.392810.jpg

OP
OP
Ftroop

Ftroop

Reaction score
Oops ya I posted to the wrong area, either way thanks for the input anyone have a night photo with lights that did this mirror switch? Starting to think mirror lights might look good with the other marker lights

OP
OP
Ftroop

Ftroop

Reaction score
I put a set of tow mirrors on mine. Plug and play except a few differences with the tow vs stock mirrors. Tow mirrors don't have puddle lights, but the lower side clearance light on the tow mirrors function for that. The top light functions for the external blinker. I haven't hooked up the power extend, but found I haven't really needed it. You can extend it manually if needed. Rear vision is much better with the tow mirrors. View attachment 75963

Did you buy these through ford or aftermarket?

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into the same thing with my enclosed car trailer. I use the slip over type for when I'm towing. I don't do it enough to warrant changing them completely.

You can get them on Amazon. Just tape over your painted mirror caps before sliding them on and they will leave no trace when you get home and take them off.