GEN 2 Husky fender liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a lot of lip down near where it attaches to the rear of the truck you have a bad set. I sent my initial set back because they weren't trimmed and it was an obvious difference once I received the second set.

I ended up sending the second set back along with the first because the fitment with my rear mud flaps wouldn't work correctly.

I also felt the plastic was pretty thin and cheap. I'll end up going line-X on my rears eventually. Probably do it myself as others have done.

I sent my first set back and looked at the pictures on line of the updated ones and decided not to re-order even though they sent me a 10% off coupon. It would be a pain to try to do them with the flaps as well I suppose. I'm thinking line-x as well but my guy says $400 to do it. Im not sure what to do now. This is one thing that I feel not so comfortable in doing myself so I might just cough up the $. I might even decide to Line-x my skid plate who knows. Its not as bad as a red push start button right?

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My concern with the liners is if there is wheel to well contact, it would rip the liner out. While doing some slow speed 4wd I was surprised to find this...

8d0f6630d310e4e0f9a44890424c54bd.jpg

Yesterday, I did this for under $35...

911a8ecbc4cd5bd112b2b82fd4bd2022.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My concern with the liners is if there is wheel to well contact, it would rip the liner out. While doing some slow speed 4wd I was surprised to find this...

8d0f6630d310e4e0f9a44890424c54bd.jpg

Yesterday, I did this for under $35...

911a8ecbc4cd5bd112b2b82fd4bd2022.jpg

Used the same stuff on my gen 1 it held up very well

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought mine a month ago and just got my truck yesterday. I just spent 30 minutes trying to get the drivers side in, no luck. How do you determine if you have a 'bad batch'?

I'm not sure how the flare lips fit with the stock fenders. There are several areas where you can feel something in the way where the Husky liner lips should go. I'll try to warm them the next sunny day we have to see if that helps.

Day and night difference between my first set and the replacements. Second set was a breeze to put in. I prefer the liners vs line-x because I think the plastic will do a better job protecting the wheel wells from all the stones the KO2s kick up. Far less gravel noise driving on a dirt road with the liners.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have what I suspect you guys are calling the bad batch.

They will fit. Is it REALLY tough? Yes. Do you have to use trim tools and work them in place after sitting them in the sun? Yes. Did it take me an hour or more per side? Yes. Should it be that hard? No. That’s why they fixed it.

Are they now wedged in there so tight they will never move again? Yes!

I’m not sure I would want the set cut smaller. I like how tight these things are in there.

Day and night difference between my first set and the replacements. Second set was a breeze to put in. I prefer the liners vs line-x because I think the plastic will do a better job protecting the wheel wells from all the stones the KO2s kick up. Far less gravel noise driving on a dirt road with the liners.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks better thats for sure. Did you have to sand the paint first like they do with line-x or did you just spray it right on?

I hit it with some fine grain just to be sure. Plus, the factory obviously doesn’t put emphasis on the paint quality in there. Some spots rubbed down to the metal really easy.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you had to sand it down a little there before spraying?
Do you have to do that?

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a bad time trying to install them tonight, bought them a week ago, so i imagine theyre the newer batch, in gonna have someone install them as i got pissed off already