GEN 2 Hidden winch issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
So does anyone know if it will be in issue to mount a hidden winch behind the bumper because the intercooler for the Ecoboost?

Unless you know where I can get a NEW!! GEN 1 at market in a year. I don't need any bull. This is a GEN 2 forum thread if you want to complain about it do it with someone that cares or use one of the other threads

Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the intake will be the issue, it will be the intercooler that will give you the most issues.

Last edited:

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So does anyone know if it will be in issue to mount a hidden winch behind the bumper because the intercooler for the Ecoboost?
On the current 15-16 Ecoboost trucks, I don't think anyone has been able to mount a hidden winch using the stock intercooler and stock bumper because there is no room for one with the stock intercooler to my knowledge. This was also the case with the 11-14 Ecoboost too. In order to do a hidden winch, you had to purchase an aftermarket intercooler that is top mounted. Full Race made a kit for the 11-14's that said it would work with a Rough Country hidden winch mount and a Warn VR10000 winch. The kit for the 15+ doesn't say anything about winches though. Someone on f150forum was going to use SDHQ's hidden mount with the Full Race intercooler kit, but he never responded back as to what happened.

2011-2014 F-150 EcoBoost FreakoBoost Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit - Full-Race.com

2015+ F-150 EcoBoost FreakoBoost Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit - Full-Race.com

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LSBRaptor,
I'm not aware of any under hood photos. However I would bet that despite any difficulties there will be a way to put a winch and keep it hidden....intercooler included!
Eddie

OP
OP
LSBRaptor

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
Alright thinks for the information. So basically I'll just have to see any after market mod or see if that changed to design a bit. Knowing that raptor owner are going to remove stock or place an light bar or winch. But more like after maket mods.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Unless you know where I can get a NEW!! GEN 1 at market in a year. I don't need any bull. This is a GEN 2 forum thread if you want to complain about it do it with someone that cares or use one of the other threads

I wonder where the edit comes from. From what I read everyone was giving good theories. I did not see any 'bull' to warrant the hostility.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Three year olds, a lot of people use the rear hitch for a mount place. I think a guy could hide a hitch point someplace up front.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
For now, we won't know for sure, as the current demo Raptor's at the auto shows have 5.0L's.