Ford Tail Applique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigboy4eva

Reaction score
I am getting a magnetic raptor in July but for some reason non of the cars coming to the middle east have the rear applique and i cant order my raptor basically have to go with options the dealer brings. Is it possible to add the applique later, where can o buy it, do i need to change the whole tail gate to get the applique is it possible to buy the tail gate from ford withe the applique.

I saw in pictures that the grill on the magnetic color raptor are also magnetic instead of black?? Is that the case or is it done after market.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That chunk of plastic just holds a bunch of crap behind it and rots the tailgate. Everytime it rains you have mud streaks from the bottom of the plastic

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
From my understanding you'll need a whole new tailgate, though, with the right amount of money anything is possible.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes aluminium oxidizes. I call it rot. Goes punky. Thro a piece on some wet gravel and see what it looks like in a year. Drive a road with calcium chloride, salt and beat juice on it for the winter and see what gets on the tailgate. Drive a gravel road and see what gets on the tailgate. On with your story.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That chunk of plastic just holds a bunch of crap behind it and rots the tailgate. Everytime it rains you have mud streaks from the bottom of the plastic

Will you have mud streaks if you don't drive through the mud[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bigboy4eva

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. Is it possible to order blacked out or greyed out ford badges, i thought i saw it someone where on the forum but i can find it now.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes aluminium oxidizes. I call it rot. Goes punky. Thro a piece on some wet gravel and see what it looks like in a year. Drive a road with calcium chloride, salt and beat juice on it for the winter and see what gets on the tailgate. Drive a gravel road and see what gets on the tailgate. On with your story.

I have been, since Feb. 18th. Anything else?

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you ever seen a hiway tractor that the diesel tanks leak? They are aluminium and only oxide were the bands are on them. Quite common to have to reband tanks. But no problem on the exposed tank