Couple of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rxraptor

Reaction score
New to the Raptor community and I'm currently attempting to order a 2017 SCAB Raptor. I've reached out to 10 or so dealers and the best price I found was $5k + MSRP...I'm working on it though.

Debating on color preference, but I wanted to know if the mid level Raptor has the black vents on the hood? Does the mid level come with a backup camera? What is the bed like without ordering a liner? Does ordering the subwoofer take up a lot of space? Also, I'm not certain how the tailgate looks without the applique. Can anyone help clear this up for me?

Last edited:

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st don't pay over msrp. These will be built as long as there is a person to buy and that mark up is just dealer bs knowing we are not patient when we see these things.

The new raptor has one heat extractor not the 2 like the old one but all levels have it.

I am not sure but expect the back up camera is in all models. Look on the order form but these are big trucks and the camera is your friend backing into or out of anything.

The bed is nicely pained as the body color. A "bed rug" is a nice option to look at if not doing anything else but I like the spray on liner and used line x on my last one and in the rear wheel wells on the bed for protection.

Tailgate looks si,liar to they do on the 1st model with no FORD on back. There are pics floating around. I am confused as to if I like the thing on back or not too but am convinced it's not something I will pay extra for.

Oh the sub is under the seat in the rear. At least on the old version truck it was like a small 12x10 (estimate) box on the rear floor under the passenger seat. It was not big but does take away from the otherwise flat floor that my dog loved. It can get in the way if hauling a big tv inside or something but really it rarely was an issue and I would opt for that again I think. ( my wise ass answer is ordering does not take up any space but the unit itself will...clever huh?)

OP
OP
R

rxraptor

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply, K-9. Definitely refuse to pay a penny over MSRP but it's hard to be patient with a GT Mustang with summer only tires going into winter...

Originally I thought I wanted to get magnetic but after seeing pics I think it looks too monochromatic and boring. I think the white looks really nice and provides a good contrast, two-tone look.

Definitely thinking about adding on a bedliner but I don't know what's better...the spray-in or the drop-in. Any thoughts?

Striker

Reaction score
I think ALL 2017 fords will have backup cameras. In 2018, it is mandatory in all vehicles

Last edited:

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the spray in as I feel like the drop ins can trap crud under them and are not as sturdy but it is a matter of opinion I suppose.

I agree on magnetic but spray the flares in black line-x or similar and it would be tough. For the same reason I am looking at the Avalanch or red pearl metalic (or whatever it is called that eats more cash). I love black too an would consider silver but my neighbor and best friend has silver so I am afraid of the same color....

As for the winter mustang I have a 2007 gt500 with now about 900 hp so I feel you there. I kept my crappt old Cherokee with a lift and winch and have that and I have a 2016 (gulp) Subaru Outback that I like shockingly but it is not cool or big.