Box Link Cleat Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, it cant be that hard. I read the instructions and watched a few vides. Easy peasy.

Tried to install mine. Short of beating them with a hammer I cannot get them to slide up into place.

What am I missing???

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, it cant be that hard. I read the instructions and watched a few vides. Easy peasy.

Tried to install mine. Short of beating them with a hammer I cannot get them to slide up into place.

What am I missing???

i would hope u unlocked them first :mwah1:

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to clear plastic that the was left where the forms came together. That and a rubber mallet as pointed out above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They fit you just need to unlock them fully, push them into the slot, with a little wiggling. They'll fit. My guess is you had your bed sprayed with Line-X...that causes a much tighter fit.

OP
OP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They fit you just need to unlock them fully, push them into the slot, with a little wiggling. They'll fit. My guess is you had your bed sprayed with Line-X...that causes a much tighter fit.

Bed has the OEM spray liner which I am also assuming could have the same impact as an aftermarket spray liner

I'll try the rubber mallet route. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something obvious.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah make sure you keep the lock tab in the open position while you position the cleat.

Also I sprayed mine with silicone spray which makes them slide much nicer and won't attract grit.

07_S3VA

Reaction score
I had no issue with the rear two. For the front two it was easier to remove the bracket from the bed and then use a mallet to hit the box link into the bracket. And then reinstall the bracket/box link as one unit. I thought the LineX was the problem, but it is just the box link having a little excess material around its edges.

gunnersguru

Reaction score
same trouble here, I had one not fit in any of the holes and tried all of them . I lightly filed the one and it fit good and tight but fit without a hammer . also I don't have spray in liner .