Bed bolt advice, broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted on general forum as well, in need of help.
Tried removing bed bolts to mount my RPG tire rack. Stripped a bolt closest to cab despite using the correct Torx Plus bit. I can figure out a way to get this one out but my real dilemma is the middle bed bolt. I heard a snap and now bolt just spins, won.t back out. Figured the bolt snapped free from a weld or something. Bad part is when you look under the truck you can’t see shit. The nut is completely hidden within a cylinder under the bed. How the hell do I deal with this? I thought this would be an easy install.
Anyone have a diagram of how this middle bolt is designed, how to get it out?
It appears that all earlier F150s have some sort of clip but this appears different.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

MK

D

Deleted member 12951

When you say stripped, the threads or the t50 head? Because if you used a t50 PLUS torque, this shouldn’t happen.

Get two buddies and lift the bed off if the bolts broke. Besides the bed bolts, the 3 screws around the gas tube and a hose clamp. You can purchase new clips and bolts. The middle and rear ones are the same and the two by the cab are different. New nuts actually have no thread, you cut new threads when putting the new bolt through.

ca1f1eb8a1fa64f0398107ac2277e2df.jpg

This was a GEN1

Last edited by a moderator: