Bakflip MX4 with bed extender?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Bakflip MX4 with the Ford bed extender? Talked to Bakflip and a few local dealers and no one can tell me if it'll clear the rails.

Linehand

Reaction score
I have the mx4 on my 18 and honestly regret buying it. No idea about the bed extender Work in with it though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Linehand

Reaction score
What makes you regret it?
It shifts and the gasket along the edge fold into the track and allows water in it seems like it's about 1/2 inch to narrow width wise as well as the posts to hold it upright don't have a proper resting place when not used the keep falling in to bed and unscrewing. I had an under cover flex on my 2014 fx4 and it fit like a glove and they used pistons for the upright position and the had a great clip system for them when not being used.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FWIW and it's maybe of little to no value, I had a 2010 with a Ford Bed Extender and a Bakflip and there was no issue with them at all. The Gen1 Bed Extender was well below the side rails. I don't know if either or both products have changed by now but I'd be surprised if they won't work together.

Drew0325

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but it looks like the extender is level with the box link cleats so I'm sure it'll work with the MX4. I hope that's the case since I just ordered one. Anyone else having the same issues as Linehand with their MX4?